Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level First Aid Merit Badge!

“I re-enrolled in the first aid class, to renew my card. I do this every 2 years and usually help the instructor.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Geography Merit Badge!

“I met a new friend on Facebook. She lives in Hail City Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia.

I planned an overseas vacation to go to Brazil. I plan on staying with a friend who lives there. I did a mission trip there about 10 years ago and have kept in contact with several of the people. They've all visited the U.S. and some have stayed at my home over the years.

I'll be flying there and want to go and see so many things while I'm there. They will be driving me from place to place as I did for them. I mapped out going to Rio de Janeiro to see the Christ the Redeemer statue. Plan to go to the coastlines and beaches. I planned to go to the Amazon rainforest and the Amazon river, but I will need to confirm if we can when I get there. They have wonderful food also. I will be eating some of the best food in the world.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Geography Merit Badge!

“I shared my plans with a friend for my trip to Brazil.

I've been discovering my home town and learning about it and exploring as much as I can. I'm starting to become an expert on where everything is and all the fruit stands within a three town area. I live in a small town of about 3,000 people and we are a rural area.

It was fun to get to know my small town of Nocona, Texas. I did learn about my ancestors and where they came from. I am on Anceatry.com and have met some new family members. I've been sharing the info I received with my family and they are sharing what they've found also. It has been so good to find out about my grandmother. I've learned things I did not know about her.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“My grandson and his friend decided to ride bikes on a beautiful afternoon. When they started to get the bikes they noticed flat tires and wiggly handle bars. I showed them where the tools were that they would need and helped them fix a flat tire. His friend thought it was so neat to fix a flat that he did the next one. My grandson worked on the handle bars—first time for him to use the bike tools and found out he could do it without help now!

This gave the boys experience that they can use in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:49:21 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Quilting Merit Badge!

“Worked on this quilt to make a Geometric triangle pattern. This took a while to make even though it looks simple.

I had to take it apart a few times in order to get the triangles to line up correctly. I know my friends that are quilters can do this so easily but I'm still learning the basics.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Music Merit Badge!

“Rhythm is music's pattern in time.
Melody is a succession of pitches in rhythm.
Harmony the sound of two or more notes heard simultaneously.

A song known for rhythm that I used to listen to is Rebel Rebel by David Bowie.
Fist song that came to mind for melody was Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.
Time to Say Good By by the group Divo is one of my favorites.

I enjoyed this badge!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Music Merit Badge!

“I researched Bach. Bach was a definitive composer of the Baroque music era. I compared Bach to Elton John. Both Johann and Elton are accomplished pianists. Both had a traumatic childhood. Both started music at a very young age. Their lives were all about music. In comparing their music, the two were intense about writing their own songs. Bach was known for his musical accents and Elton John is famed for his lyrics. The difference in music they wrote was just in the style of the time. The harmony and chord progression both have a pleasing effect. I bet the two if they were alive at this modern time would make a great duo.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Geography Merit Badge!

“My penpal lives in Italy. We've had several conversations about our family history. He is into family genealogy and so am I.

The place I would like to go is Northern Italy. Northern Italy is the region that has the Dolomite Alps. Getting to my destination would take about 12 hours of flight time, landing close to Milan, and staying at Castello di San Gaudenzio. This medieval castle cornerstone was laid in 1400. This was the home to the noble family of the Visconti of Milan. Maybe one day in the near future this will be my next trip! Fun to dream and someday have it become a reality.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Geography Merit Badge!

“Traveling to Italy again would be wonderful.

I've done a lot of research on my family tree in Ancestry. Most of my relatives come from Italy. I've connected with many relatives who have found my site on Ancestry. I have researched my family history to the 1700s. Working on my family history has become my hobby.

Ancestry has openned a new world of research for fing your roots!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  1:14:46 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (TinaTina, #8431) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by starting a compost heap for 5 months. I also read The Earth Moved by Amy Stewart.

It went good on the compost heap, but I killed the worms on my worm composting. I will have to try again with better supplies next time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Strutz (#8425) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I planted sage, peppermint, lemon balm, catnip, and basil. I tried them all, but hated the catnip. Guess you have to be a feline to enjoy it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  1:17:44 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Strutz (#8425) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“I made a bean pole with bamboo poles and string. I used extra poles and chicken wire to make a trellis. Both are in use in a garden full of green beans!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Amy Moberg (up north suburb farm, #8115) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I had found a chess set at a garage sale but did not have a chessboard to go with it. I found a foldable board that stored the pieces inside. I wanted to give this to my son for his 21st birthday. The board was UGLY! I sanded the wood, and oiled it walnut. I kept the original hardware but used a combination of chalk paint and multi-use paint to redo the board. Then I added a wax finish. The inside didn't fit the pieces so I had to rework the padding the pieces sat on.

I'm really happy with how it turned out! Can't wait to give it to him!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  2:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Amy Moberg (up north suburb farm, #8115) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I already wear my grandmother's apron in the kitchen so I like a full apron. I decided to make a half harvest apron. I usually find that I start harvesting my raised beds without a proper container. I'm handicapped and it's hard to tie behind my back. So I designed my own. It wraps around my back and fastens on the side. It was a long time coming from planning stages to complete. I'd actually started it before my sisterhood had lapsed and I renewed.

I like how it turned out except there is a little less play in the pocket than I would have liked.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  2:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (TinaTina, #8431) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I watched the trailer of The Vanishing Bees and read the book The Secret Life of Bees and I planted flowers in my garden.

This merit badge was fun. The book I read, The Secret Life of Bees was very good and the flowers in my garden was so pretty.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  2:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (TinaTina, #8431) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I identified five herbs and tried all of them. I loved them all.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  6:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (TinaTina, #8431) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by starting an herb garden and using at least two for cooking or medicinal purposes. This merit badge turned out good as I love the smell of the herbs and to dry and cook with them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  6:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Nellie Make-do Merit Badge!

“I made a junk journal out of old fabric that was used for other projects. I had a little leftover and was going to toss it and decided that I could use it to make a junk journal out of it. Most everything was going to be trashed I used to make it. I used old book pages, copy paper, old magazines, ink, and ribbon. I did the binding and made three signatures in it. I spent 25 hours making it. I made it for my friend Candy Hogan. She loves it so much.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2022 :  4:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Krista Butters Davis (MaryJanesNiece, #528) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“First, I researched the history of origami. Here are a few thing I learned:

The meaning of origami is to fold paper. The first uses of Japanese origami were for religious purposes only due to the high cost of paper. It's still unknown as to how origami came to be, but it's believed that origami was first used with other materials such as cloth. Origami also has roots within the Chinese culture. It's also believed that the name origami become the common name due to the kindergarten movement. It was desired to be used in schools because of the things you could learn with origami—especially math. It's now a highly desired craft for around the world because paper is such a cheap craft supply to purchase. Many books and videos are now available to teach people the art of origami.

Then I made an origami crane, boat, and plane. I think my origami turned out good. The crane was the hardest one for me and I ripped a couple pieces of paper trying to make it, but I'm glad I tried all three.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2022 :  4:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Krista Butters Davis (MaryJanesNiece, #528) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by making three different animals, three different shapes, and three different flowers.

My three animals where
-frog
-crab
-dinosaur

My three shapes where
-arrow
-heart
-Christmas star

My three flowers where
-lotus
-tulip
-lily

They turned out great. It was so much fun making each of them. My hardest ones were the lotus and the dinosaur. The lotus was so small and had tight folds, making it difficult. The dinosaur had small folds for the face that kept ripping.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2022 :  4:20:13 PM  Show Profile
Krista Butters Davis (MaryJanesNiece, #528) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I learned the different kinds of fabric I can use for cross stitching my projects. I chose to use Aida cloth because it's better for beginners and easier to use. I purchased a bear with mountain scenery wall art pattern to make my project. It was a lot of work and a bit challenging for my second project, but I'm glad I took on the challenge and finished it.

I think my cross-stitch bear turned out beautifully. I chose to frame it and give it as a Christmas gift to my mom.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2022 :  4:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Krista Butters Davis (MaryJanesNiece, #528) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by going to our library in town and getting a library card. I had a library card in our old county, but needed a new one for where we live now. I took my oldest with me and the librarian told us about all the things they offer. He was really interested in the robotics and coding class, but isn't old enough. I also signed us up for a reading minutes challenge. I also posted my TBR pile on the merit badge chit chat.

We've already returned to the library again and I have finished my first TBR book.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2022 :  12:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nellinger (citychick03, #8229) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I researched both the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence using Google to answer the beginner-level questions.

I went great, I was able to answer each question.
1. The Consitution
2. It is the source of government powers, and protects fundamental rights of U.S. citizens.
3. We the People
4. The Bill of Rights
5. Freedoms of Speech and Religion
6. Proclaim freedom from England and form a brand new country.
7. Right to the pursuit of happiness and life.
8. Freedom to worship own religion without persecution.
9. Mixed market economy- Capitalism
10. Citizens, companies, and industries are all accountable to the same laws.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2022 :  12:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level International Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I learned a lot about the Japanese government. Here are answers to the questions for this badge:

1. In Japan between the 4th and 9th century Japan's many kingdoms and tribes came to be unified under a centralized goverment controlled by an Emperor. This was the begining of the Imperial Dynasty.
2. Japan respects the individual rights. Japan has no laws prohibiting racial, ethnic or religious discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
3. Meji period begins and the Charter Oath is written. The Oath outlines the main aims and course of action to be followed during Emporer Mejis reign setting the legal stage for Japan's modernization.
4. Before the Emperor reigned, Japan had many tribes and Kingdoms all of individual areas.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2022 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Food Allergy Awareness Merit Badge!

“For this level, I choose the allergen wheat. For three days, we carefully read labels and eliminated wheat from our diets. Bread, crackers, cakes, donuts, and even salad dressing, soups, and potato chips, contain wheat. Substitutions were cloud bread, almond crackers, cakes made with coconut flour, salad dressing made with oil and vinegar, and soups with vegetables and milk.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page