Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Kelly Schoff (Kelly Schoff, #4115) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I read about the history of origami and learned how to make a butterfly bookmark. I had initially tried a more complex pattern for a star within a star and it didn't turn out. So I tried an easier pattern and I think it looks really nice!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Sienna Korytkowski (Mentoring Sister: Kelly Schoff, #4115) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I kept a gratitude journal for a month and read a passage from The Book of Awesome each day. The gratitude journal went well and I enjoyed hearing passages from the book.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Sienna Korytkowski (Mentoring Sister: Kelly Schoff, #4115) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I made an origami whale and researched the history of origami. It actually turned out pretty well. The paper I used was a little thick, but it was an easier pattern so I don't think it affected it much.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Lynn (Mentoring Sister: Kelly Schoff, #4115) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I wrote in my gratitude journal every night for a month and read a page from The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha every night as well.

The gratitude journal went well and I believe I have learned to see more things to be grateful for each day.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Lynn (Mentoring Sister: Kelly Schoff, #4115) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I read an article on the history of origami and made an origami heart. I think it looks quite nice.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Amy Moore (Amy Moore, #8338) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I worked on this badge with my fellow Sisterhood member, Samantha Robinson. We read through Modern Calligraphy by Molly Suber Thomas and using the sample alphabets and suggestions we each created a calligraphy journal to reference and see how we improve.

The book was very informative when beginning our journals. The improvement that we made over time and practice was amazing!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Samantha Robinson (Samantha Robinson, #8337) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I worked on this badge with my fellow Sisterhood member, Samy Moore. We read through Modern Calligraphy by Molly Suber Thomas and using the sample alphabets and suggestions we each created a calligraphy journal to reference and see how we improve.

The book was very informative when beginning our journals. The improvement that we made over time and practice was amazing!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I had to grow an additional 3 herbs. I grew basil, chives, rosemary, tyme dill, oregano, parsley, and cilantro.

I dried my herbs in the microwave and made 5 recipe cards to give to 5 of my friends: Rea, Allie, Amy, Sherrie, Angela. This was fun and easy.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I arranged a visit to my friend Angela's place to help milk her Nigerian dwarf dairy goats with my fellow sisterhood members Rea and Allie.

We learned to wash hands first, then how to use the teat dip, let it dry and wipe it off with a baby wipe to disinfect and sanitize before milking. Using stainless steel pails and catch containers help keep the milk clean. You need to strip 2-3 draws of milk from the teat and look for any blood, dirt, or discolorations before you start the real milking chore. We each got to take turns milking Angela's goats. Angela's goats will be at our county's Heritage Show this next week with us, so we will get to visit again real soon.

I chose to learn more about the Arakawa Goat as my rare heritage breed. The Arakawa goats are critically endangered and there are less than 500 world wide, with 212 being in the USA of only 19 herds in the year 2019. The Arapawa goat is a duel purpose goat being used fir meat and milk. It is from Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand.

You can support the breed by purchasing items and making donations to the Arapawa Goat Breeders Association or to the Rare Breeds Conservation Society of New Zealand.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  2:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Mosaics Merit Badge!

“For my intermediate mosaics level I chose to make a fairy house. It turned out pretty good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  09:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Kristin Poley (kpoley, #8347) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I follow blogs and also own multiple birding books to know what birds are native to the area. I also made a list of the birds I'd like to see this year. I've already seen multiple birds on my list!

My list:
1. Eastern Bluebird
2. Bald Eagle (have seen this year)
3. Baltimore Oriole (have seen this year)
4. Goldfinch (have seen this year)
5. Purple finch (have seen this year)
6. Cardinal (specifically a female because I think they are so pretty)
7. Rose Breasted Grosbeak
8. Ruby Throated Hummingbird
9. Meadowlark (have seen this year)
10. Osprey”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  09:49:59 AM  Show Profile
Kristin Poley (kpoley, #8347) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I built a multi-bird feeder post and installed it in my side yard within view of a window. We put two feeders, one suet feeder and an oriole feeder on it. I plan to put a few others on as well in time.

The picture attached is a little hard to discern, but both a male and female Oriole were at the feeder at the same time!

We've already seen multiple birds on the feeders. Most exciting are the Orioles; we have two pairs that come back every year. New this year was the white-crowned sparrow which I had never identified before. We've also seen robins, goldfinches, purple finches, house sparrows, downy woodpeckers, nuthatches, blue jays, and mourning doves. Unfortunately with food comes starlings and cow birds but thankfully no squirrels yet! As far as behavior, we rarely see more than one bird at a time on the feeders. The blue jays and cow birds can be bullies and will chase away any other bird. Except for the Orioles, who stay at their feeder for a while, the other songbirds seem to take a piece and leave. For the time of day, we really have been seeing birds all day long, with late afternoon/early evening maybe a little busier.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I sent 3 letters to my three sisters. They turned out pretty good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  10:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I read the book Creative Lettering and Beyond. I loved reading this book I learned so much. I also went on youtube. I then used my calligraphy pens and created a piece of art. I used my favorite quote and made flourishes to make it look pretty.

I loved the book and liked how my artwork turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  10:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“I spent 40 hours with my senior lady. I took her for several car rides. We went down Marsh Creek road and checked out all the flowering trees and the flowers on the side of the road and talked a lot about that. At her house, we played cards. She loves playing cards. She has dementia so it's difficult for her to remember the rules so I have to constantly remind her about the rules and how to play. I let her win all the time on purpose so she feels good about herself.

I brought her home with me one day to spend some time with my daycare. She was here with us for a total of eight hours. The kids really had a good time talking with her and sitting in her lap. It was really nice to see how she interacted with the children and how the children interacted with her. I made them all lunch and we sat and had lunch together. I made chicken nuggets for everybody. Myra liked eating the chicken nuggets with the kids. I cut up a bunch of fruit to go with it, and a cup of milk. I then took Myra out for the evening. We had dinner at Kentucky Fried Chicken.

We stayed in a hotel for the night and watched movies until 1:00 o'clock in the morning. We then got up in the morning and I took her to my craft club where she did crafts with me all day long for a total of 8 hours. While she's at the craft club she preceded to draw pictures and color with my colored pencils. She did not want to make cards, but she enjoyed visiting with all the ladies. It was really nice because she doesn't usually get out and do a lot of this. Afterwards, I took her to dinner. We ate at Chili's and had a good conversation about the craft club. I then went and got her some roses for Mother's Day and gave them to her, along with a card that I made her. She loved card and roses. We planted a garden together. She loved watering it. I do all the weeding. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  10:23:03 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I've become a patron of farm fresh eggs. One of my daycare clients has a ranch and has a lot of chickens. She gives me many eggs. She feeds him organically. Her children have a lot of allergies so she's been doing everything organic.

The eggs taste great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I went to a farm and learn how to milk a dairy goat. It was a lot of fun. I also became a supporter of heritage breed animals. I joined the livestock Conservatory. It's one way to support heritage breed animals.

It was fun milking the goat.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I researched the history of origami. I practiced folding some scrap paper and then made a crane using some new paper. It was interesting to see the possibilities.

My crane is not the best. My granddaughter knows how to do origami. She said that my paper is too thick. My next projects will turn out better if I use paper made for folding origami. Sounds like a plan. Making flowers sounds like fun!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I started a button collection! I gathered my buttons together;I have so many buttons already. Some are from old shirts, some are store bought, and a few are from my Daughter-in-law's Great Grandma's collection!

I didn't realize how many buttons I had until I started collecting them in one place. I've saved buttons over the years, but had never put them all in one place. As I clean through my craft items, I put any buttons that I find into my collection jar. It's great to have them all in one convenient place. Now I can use them as I need them or just enjoy looking at them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:06:42 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I know how to knit, so I taught my Granddaughters to knit. My project was to knit 15x15 squares to donate for a memorial blanket for 'neverborn' babies (they were miscarried or stillborn). I made 6 squares 3 pink and 3 blue and mailed them to the group constructing the blanket. I also made dishcloths from my own pattern.

The squares turned out very even ... the stitches were nice and evenly worked. My girls loved their dishcloths! My older Granddaughter made scarves and little hats for her cactus plants, while the younger one is still working on getting the stitches correct. They're enjoying learning to knit!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:07:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“My husband and I checked all of our taps over a weekend and fixed the leaky ones. I researched and made a list of ways to conserve water.

We found a leaky hose bib outside our back door and fixed it with a brand new one! We also took our kitchen faucet apart to see why it was barely putting out any water stream. We fixed that, too. I shared the ideas for conserving water with my husband. We plan to put a couple of the ideas into effect right away and will add more as we go along. Our biggest realization is that we are conserving quite a bit already as we have no lawns.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:08:21 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Leave It Better Than You Found It Merit Badge!

“I wrote about why I felt that stewardship of the Earth is important to me. I also wrote about and researched the importance of keeping our highways, outdoor recreation areas, and public places clean. There are dire consequences for letting them get and stay polluted.

It's so important to keep our Earth clean and pollution free. I try to teach my children and grand children the importance of clean, unpolluted areas. Our water is our big worry. If our water is polluted, then our food sources will be polluted. All of our trash pollutes our world, so we need to cut down on usage of items that can't be reused or recycled. We also need to deal with our trash properly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 11 2021 :  11:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy A Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“I created more than the required ten posts or responses on the Farmgirl Chatroom using excellent grammar and spelling. It was great discovering and using new words daily for the additional two weeks. I read the book, Woe is I; The Grammarphobe's Guide To Better English In Plain English by Patricia T. O'Conner.

I've had a great time chatting with other Farmgirls in the Chatroom. It's fun to hear what others are doing and how they are navigating through the pandemic. I've enjoyed expanding my vocabulary by looking up and using new words every day. "Woe Is I" took me back to my University Grammar class for teachers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  1:34:48 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I learned how to paint with oils and made a rainbow with a tree swing silhouette. I learned how to frame my painting with screws and framing wire. I put my painting on public view at the Heritage Livestock Show in Contra Costa County which replaced our County Fair this year due to Covid. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  1:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“Both of my grandmothers were avid knitters and my mother still is. They have taught me the basic techniques over the years, but I only ever pursued it for a short time and then I would forget the techniques again. Now that our winter months are coming, I decided what better time to get back into the craft of knitting and ensure that the women in our family keep this art alive. I dug out my Knitting for the Junior Miss by Patons knitting book from my grandmother. It does give simple instructions to prompt my memory and there are some very trendy 1950s patterns in the back.

I decided to start with a simple scarf using plain knitting. I chose a black/grey soft fluffy mink faux fur yarn which was a polyester/wool blend. Now I'm ready to tackle something with a bit more difficulty. I've included a photo of my scarf and my antique 1950s knitting book.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page