Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  1:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“I already knew how to make ganache so I found 2 different ganache recipes to make my truffles, one dark and one white chocolate. The 4 flavors I decided on were White Chocolate Cranberry Orange (my favorite); White Chocolate Peppermint, dipped in Dark Chocolate (reminiscent of a York peppermint patty), a Bailey's truffle dipped in dark chocolate and a Crown Maple truffle, also dipped in dark chocolate.

I had heard that Starbucks offered chocolate drinks during the holidays. I think I will watch for them and try their version if they are offered again. I tried to make a Mexican version of hot chocolate, not overly sweet but had hints of cinnamon. I really liked it! I don't think I will try the Aztec chocolate drink (chocolate mixed with grown maize) anytime in the near future!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“I read the book "Gardening with Heirloom Seeds" and loved it, what a beautiful book! I love the whole idea of saving seeds that are hard to find and having access to seeds for vegetables that have real flavor, unlike today's varieties.

This year I chose almost all heirloom seed varieties for my garden tomatoes, carrots, beets and cucumbers. I planted 2 varieties of tomatoes that I grew from seed: Manitoba and Purple Cherokee. I think the Manitoba is better for the climate where I live and is a good producer. The purple Cherokee had an intense, ketchupy flavor that was absolutely delicious, but they were a later ripening tomato and a lot didn't ripen before our frost.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I re-read "The Secret Life of Bees" as I had read it some time ago. I also watched the movie trailer about the vanishing bee epidemic. We used to raise carrot seed for years on our farm and used bees for pollination. I was able to listen to several talks given by the bee keepers about the dying bee population and the worries about Africanized bees.

This year I tried to have some bee friendly flowers in the garden like hollyhocks, sunflowers, apple mint, cilantro, roses, bee balm, cucumbers and strawberries.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I learned a lot in my research about "honey" and raw honey. The honey you buy in the store is not honey. It contains no pollen, which is the vital ingredient that you want! It could contain antibiotics and it's main ingredient is the dreaded HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. Not good.
By eating raw and organic honey, you are getting the bee pollen so all vitamins and minerals are still intact. It has antiviral and antifungal properties; antioxidants; wards off allergies; boosts immune function; promotes digestive health; and helps stabilize blood sugar and blood pressure, not to mention, it tastes delicious!

Our local farmers market carries local honey from a couple of different vendors in our area. The CSA that I recently joined carries local carrot honey, said to help with allergies. We also have honey from the bee keepers that we used when we were "renting" bees for pollinating our carrot seed. Honey keeps forever and although it may crystallize, it never goes bad. I also read "Bees: Nature's Little Wonders".”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“Herbs can be used for cooking and medicinal purposes, using either the leaves, seeds and plants themselves, or essential oils. The 5 herbs that I decided to learn about were basil, cilantro, mint, dill and thyme.

All 5 herbs can be used in cooking. As essential oils, basil and cilantro can be used as anti-inflammatories or decongestants. Dill is used for pickling. Mint is good for respiratory problems, digestive issues and muscle aches. Thyme fights germs and is good for healthy circulation and can reduce fluid retention.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  09:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“My favorite pet was a Blue Smoke Himalayan cat I named Michelle. I got her when she was 3 weeks old and fed her from an eye dropper until she was weaned. She was with me until the day she died, 16 years later. She adored leather, and frequently rolled on the shoes. I always had fur around the bottom of my clothes from her. I had her before I had children.

If I could get another pet it would be an English Sheepdog. They are sweet tempered, beautiful herd dogs, and I could spin the fur. They are great with children and other animals, and love to be with their family/pack. I could even live with their tendency to herd their family too.

I had loved all the animals that have been in my life, even the food animals. Everyone one of them had a name, even if it was pork chop or steak. I was very much a cat person until I finally got a sewing room (unauthorized cat play room). At that point I converted. I still love cats, and have always loved dogs, but I don't share my bobbins or thread well. I am not fond of reptiles, unless they are for dinner (gator is yummy).

I currently have two fur babies in my life, a pair of rescue pooches. They are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in personality, both very lovable to me. My German Shepherd mix (Casey) would probably not tolerate another member to our pack. She also herds everyone and everything she comes in contact with. The neighbor kids have adjusted. I have located both an English Sheepdog breeder and a rescue, but will wait until Casey has passed on before seeking to get another fur baby. Jill is very mellow and would be fine with another member to the clan. She is just happy to have a home and a yard to call her own.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I've had a library card since I was 5 years old. The Warren library system is really nice, in that it allows you to use your card at any of the libraries in the county. So, even though I live in Youngsville, I can check out books in Warren, Sugar Grove, etc. The library offers all the traditional services, as well as a weekly movie night, a trivia night, craft classes, and various games to play with gently used books as prizes.

As to the TBR pile, mine tends to get a bit out of hand! I belong to two book groups and also lead a historical book study group at our local Scandinavian Culture Days held each month.

This is a pretty easy badge, as I have been an avid reader long before I started first grade. I usually have at least ten books going at one time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  09:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I've been crocheting for many years. My mother taught me how to chain and single crochet when I was five. I decided to do a circular dishcloth for my project, but since it only took an hour to finish it, I made three of them. My niece has started to be interested in handcrafts, so I showed her how to do a simple single crochet scarf. I hope she enjoys crochet as much as I do.

The dishcloth pattern was interesting. The round shape was more fun to work on than straight back-and-forth.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  09:42:45 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was seven. I would spend several long weekends with her when I was a child. We would make quilts and knit mittens. For my project, I decided to make a pair of "hobo" mittens. I've made several pairs for friends, but this time I did a little fancier pair. There is a specific right and left mitten, and the ribbing at the wrist has mini-cables. Once again, my niece consented to be my handicraft student. I was so impressed with how quickly she picked up knitting. It must be in her genes! She's not crazy about purling, but she just needs practice.

The yarn used for my "hobo" mittens is super soft and a shade of purple that I just love. This pattern is a definite keeper!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  09:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I made a button necklace with some flower shaped buttons and crochet cotton. The necklace is crocheted, and a button is used as the clasp. I love to wear it, but I think it will be more fun when it's summer. It just looks like a summer necklace. I can picture it with a pastel tank top!

This wasn't as easy as it looks. It may just be me, but trying to hold the buttons and working with the thin crochet cotton was a bit tricky. It was well worth the effort, though, and I will probably make a few more. By the way, the model for my necklace is Duffy!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  10:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I found Neil Pasricha's The Book of Awesome at a used book store, and added it to my morning reading ritual. I have been reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance every morning for the past couple years. She also advocates keeping a daily gratitude journal. I find that by reflecting each morning on the prior day's events, I can easily come up with five things for which I can be grateful.

It's really rather spooky to see how keeping a gratitude journal can make your life better. I guess by always looking for the good things in life, it makes it easier to find them!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  10:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“In this area, recycle centers seem to be specifically designated for certain municipalities. My town has a curb-side recycling program, with pick-ups done twice a month. They will take paper, newsprint, cardboard, plastic, aluminum cans, and glass.

The borough office was very helpful with the guidelines for recycling. Although I put out my recycle items each pick-up day, I'm going to figure out a more "user-friendly" way of keeping them during the month.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  10:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I've taken a trip down memory lane today, gathering all the old recipes from my grandmothers and my mom. I have no family now except my niece and her family (parents, grandparents, and all aunts & uncles gone,)so I'm truly glad that I had the foresight to gather most of my family's recipes.

It's good to see all the old recipes. I will be looking for the appropriate repository for them for my next level merit badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“My go-to guides for anything outdoors are the National Audubon Society Field Guides. On my walk to the Post Office I identified several trees, which was a bit harder than normal because there are no leaves yet! The first was a Staghorn Sumac. The fruits of this tree were used by Native Americans to make a lemonade-like drink. Second was the Sycamore. As far as bark goes, this one is a "no-brainer." The trees line the creeks in our area, and the ghostly white, mottled bark is very distinctive. Lastly, I identified a Black Willow. This willow was used by the pioneers as a source of charcoal for making gunpowder. All three trees are native to Northwestern Pennsylvania.

It was interesting trying to figure out some of the trees based on bark and shape alone. I'll have to take a few more walks down along the creek to see if I can identify some different species.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  09:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“Due to the large area of open space and the diverse habitat in Pennsylvania, we have an unusually rich and abundant bird life. We also have varying weather which is good for seeing the migrations of many birds. Of the over 800 species of birds found in North America, over 400 of these have been recorded over the years in Pennsylvania. The "top ten" birds on my U.S. wish list are: Sand Hill Crane, White-tailed Tropicbird, Common Puffin, Harlequin Duck, Willow Ptarmigan, Snowy Owl, Caracara, Gyrfalcon, Painted Bunting, and Yellow-headed Blackbird.

I absolutely love birds. I have been an avid birder for many years, and enjoy nothing as much as taking daily walks to see what birds and animals are out and about.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  09:59:25 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Palate Pleasers Merit Badge!

“My list of unfamiliar foods contains rattlesnake, octopus, ostrich, conch, alligator, and surstromming. This last item is actually a Scandinavian food (I'm Swedish and Danish,) but you really don't want to inquire too closely about this--really! It's probably the strangest and most disgusting thing I've ever done!

My husband and I love to try different cuisines, so it is hard to pick one that I haven't tried. We always stop at an odd restaurant every time we travel. So, I thought I would just pick a country rather than an actual cuisine. My choice is a meal from Jamaica. Foods from the Caribbean islands are influenced by the traditions of the people who first settled there - English, French, Spanish, African, and Indian. Certain specialties include the exotic fruits of the islands, as well as the indispensable native dish of rice and beans. I will be shopping for the ingredients for a Jamaican pepperpot - a local soup specialty with beef, cabbage, leeks, onions, and okra - as well as a grapefruit pie for dessert.

Can't wait to fix this meal. The grapefruit pie sounds absolutely heavenly! My husband is in for a treat. Don't think I need the rice and beans with the soup, but I'm going to see if I can find a salad that will fit into the menu.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  10:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I support an orphanage in Tanzania, so I thought I would pick this culture for my badge. The Tanzanians are warm, expressive, boisterous, engaging, peaceful, and friendly. Even a complete stranger will step forward to help someone in need.

Tanzania is not content to remain among the world's poorest countries. It is working to eliminate corruption, eradicate illiteracy, and eliminate AIDS. Although there are around 120 tribes, most with their own language, most Tanzanians speak Swahili. Swahili is the most extensively used of the Bantu languages. It developed and spread through the trading routes between the coastal towns and the interior of Africa. Swahili is the national language of Tanzania. It is understood in most of eastern and central Africa.

I have been working on learning the Swahili language so that I can communicate to my "adopted" daughter, Amina, in her native tongue should I ever been lucky enough to visit her. I've got the numbers down pat, and my greeting to you is "Hujambo! Habari gani?"

Studying another culture is the best way to understand those who share the world with us. It has been difficult to learn another language on my own at this time in my life, but it has been worth every moment!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  10:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Katie Thomas (bigsiskate #7578) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have earned this badge by reading about herbs. Aloe is a plant used for the gel in its leaves. This gel is used for burns, abrasions, and other skin issues. Echinacea or coneflower is used as an immune booster and for treating colds and flu. Basil is used as an appetite stimulant and as a disinfectant as well. Oregano is used as an anti-inflammatory and is a great antioxidant. Finally, mint is used to treat an upset stomach.

I like learning about the herbs and have been starting seeds to plant into my herb garden.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2018 :  09:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (LynneM #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“Herb #1 - Chervil is a typical spring herb. The leaves must be used fresh. Thin stems can be eaten, and the flowers can be used as long as they are still closed. Chervil is often mistaken for parsley, but it is a much more delicate herb. The taste is reminiscent of anise. This herb goes well with fish, potatoes, and in salads.

Herb #2 - Coriander is one of the oldest herbs known. The seeds, leaves (which are commonly called cilantro) and the root are all used in cooking. The leaves must always be used fresh, and should be added to cooked dishes at the end of cooking time, otherwise the flavor disappears. Cilantro is an important herb in Mexican cooking.

Herb #3 - Savory is a very aromatic herb, reminiscent of both oregano and thyme. Winter savory has a more powerful flavor than summer savory. The herb is best if tied in bundles and hung up to dry. In its dried state, savory retains almost all of its original flavor. This herb is especially popular in bean dishes.

Herb #4 - Dill leaves, although similar in appearance to fennel, is much more delicate. Both leaves and seeds are used. The dried herb must be used more liberally than the fresh, as dried dill loses its flavor. Although closely related to aniseed and caraway, the very delicate, slightly tangy flavor of dill is not in any way similar to those herbs. Dill is the "go-to" herb for most fish dishes.

Herb #5 - Lemon balm has a delicate, flowery lemon taste. If you grow this herb, expect to see lots of bees in your garden. The botanical name is "melissa," which means "honeybee," and beekeepers sometimes plant lemon balm around hives to attract bees to the area. Lemon balm tea can be used for poaching fruit, and lemon balm leaves added to fruit salads give them an extra tang. Minced leaves can also be used to add a lemony tang to sauces.

Recipe: I prepared a White Bean Salad with Lemon & Dill for lunch. The recipe called for cooked white beans; cooked small pasta (I used ditalini); minced celery, red bell pepper, and scallions; lemon juice; olive oil; garlic; and fresh dill.

The salad was delicious. It worked well as a light lunch, but I think it would make a wonderful side dish to a piece of grilled salmon. The recipe is definitely a keeper.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  10:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Cox (OneRedZinnia #5585) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I have been dreaming about having an online store for sometime. I plan to open one after my youngest graduates this year.

I spent time researching how to write a business plan. I wrote one and have a name chosen. I have been planning for some time what I will do when my nest is empty and I love sewing and crafting!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  10:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Cox (OneRedZinnia #5585) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I researched the legal aspects of opening an online store including requirements for sales tax. As for funding and equipment, I have most of what I need to begin. My business cards have been made!

I am ready to open my online store sometime this summer after my youngest graduates from high school. I am currently building stock to put in it. I have been creating tags and such for the items. I ordered sew in labels for the clothing items. My business cards are ready to include in shipments.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  10:12:32 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Cox (OneRedZinnia #5585) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I created a journal for practice and started with the various strokes, then proceeded to writing the alphabet upper and lower case. I have read the book Modern Calligraphy: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started in Script Calligraphy by Molly Suber Thorpe.

I have a long way to go to become proficient at calligraphy! I am determined to continue my practice!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  10:13:12 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Cox (OneRedZinnia #5585) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“I used all the different nibs and holders that I have along with different colored inks. Fun practice!

I sent more than three cards to friends using my calligraphy pen!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“It's been a little while since my last Civics class! I thought it would be fun to see how much I remembered and re-learn what I forgot!
I did a bunch of internet research to find my answers.

The Supreme Law of the Land is the Constitution, plus the laws of the US. It established America's national government and fundamental laws and guaranteed certain basic rights for its citizens. The first 3 words of our Constitution are "We the People". The first 10 amendments of the Constitution are called The Bill of Rights. There are 5 freedoms listed in the Bill of Rights: the freedom of religion, speech, the press, to peacefully assemble and to be able to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

By issuing the Declaration of Independence, the 13 original American colonies severed their political ties with Great Britain, declaring their freedom. There are 3 rights in the Declaration of Independence: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Freedom of religion means the right to chose any or no religion, without interference from the government.

The US run under a mixed economy--it features characteristics of both capitalism and socialism.

The Rule of Law is that everyone must follow the law; leaders and government must obey the law; and no one is above the law.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  09:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I continued my internet research to check my answers for these questions. I remembered most of these--I need to thank my Civics teacher!

The 3 branches of government are the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial. There is a system of checks and balances within these branches that keeps one branch from becoming more powerful than another. The Supreme Court limits the powers of the Executive and Legislative branches.

The President is in charge of the Executive branch. He is also the Commander in Chief of the military and signs bills to become laws. He serves a 4 year term.

Federal laws are made by legislation passed by Congress, an Executive Order of the President of a decision made by the federal courts pursuant of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court makes final decisions regarding specific cases brought before them.

The 2 parts of the US Congress are the Senate and House of Representatives. There are 100 senators, 2 representing each state. They serve a 6 year term. A US Representative serves a 2 year term. Senator Ron Wyden and Representative Greg Walden are currently representing the state of Oregon.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page