Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  3:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Underwood (sannieu, #1059) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I had some mason jars for my upcoming lesson in canning. I cut a large circle from a pretty fabric in my stash; did a running stitch all the way around the circle; then placed the top of the jar lid over the circle and stuffed with organic cotton stuffing, till it wouldn't take any more. Once it was stuffed I tightly gathered the running stitch and secured with additional stitching across the circle, then covered with felt. I put the jar ring around the top and fastened the lid to the jar. Once I knew it would close, I filled the jar with all the essentials: small scissors, needles, needle threader, white, black and grey thread, buttons, eye and hook fasteners, thimble, retractable measuring tape, and safety pins. I put a few pins, safety pins and needles in the top.

I think it turned out great. I loved this idea. It was fast and looked better than I imagined!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  3:56:34 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Underwood (sannieu, #1059) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I have been collecting buttons for some time. I keep every button that comes with the clothes I purchase. I went to a quilt show and purchased a huge jar of buttons for $2.00. Then I sorted them and put my buttons in plastic organizers. Any time I need a button, they are pre-sorted by color and size. My favorite buttons are a set of handmade porcelin green and white zebra and water buffalo (pictured in the middle).

I think that having them sorted, saves me time when trying to find the right color or size. It also helps to know how many I have when starting a new project."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:02:55 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Public Service badge.

"Because we have a son born with Down Syndrome, who is now an adult, we were very active parents in the school district and community services arena to advocate for change in services provided for him as well any other person with a developmental disability.

I have attended school board meetings. I have educated myself, and other members of my family, about the issues involved in an election. I have voted in every election I was able to since moving back to my home state of Colorado in 1975.

I found it vitally important to get involved in the local school district activities.

I also learned that there was an agency called a "Community Centered Board" that provided services to persons with developmental disabilities.

I became a member of the Board of Directors for this agency, serving one full term of 4 years.

This agency works hand-in-hand with the local school district to transition pre-schooled aged children into the public school environment and then out of public school when they either turned 21 years of age or they were transitioned out earlier for whatever reason."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Public Service badge.

"When our son, born with Down Syndrome, entered public school and became a "mainstreamed student" I became very involved in making that a safe environment for him. I also became an educator of students, teachers and other professionals about the different disabilities.
I became a trained, "official" parent advocate through the State of Colorado for parents of other students with developmental disabilities. I became a trained, "official" Educational Surrogate Parent for students with developmental disabilities who did not have a LEGAL guardian/parent available to make educational decisions for them.

I became the director of our local educational program of the "New Kids On The Block" puppet program. This was a nationally known organization that designed puppets with different disabilities to use in education/awareness programs. This meant the training of puppeteers, coordinating presentations, a tremendous amount of public relations work.
I also was appointed the Chairman of the Special Education Advisory Committee for the Southwest Board of Cooperative Services. This agency provided Special Education services to schools in five counties. The success of our committee was such that we were able to train other advisory committee members in the State of Colorado.
The photo is of a plaque presented to me at the end of my service."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:22:09 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Plant It Forward badge.

"We always plant extra in our garden!!!! Our intent is to share the extra with anyone in need of food! We donate to our church members (there are MANY who are very needy). We donate to families in the community that we know of to be needy. We donate to our local Good Samaritan Center which is a food bank as well as provider of other items.

We are able to plant a garden and we are able to plant extra. There are plenty of places, people and opportunities for us to share the extra with. We share every year!! We share a LOT every year! We will continue to plant extra and share!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:28:41 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"Our neighborhood is one that has grown into a wonderful group of people who help each other out. Our closest neighbors have to be gone frequently because of out-of-town family issues. We have been able to help them on a regular basis with feeding their dogs, cats, chickens and whatever else they have at any given time. When it is gardening season then we take care of watering, weeding and, sometimes, picking their garden.

It is important to us to be available to help our neighbors, which is frequently. However, they have been able to help us out with our chores when we need to be gone. Good neighbors are priceless!!!
We have not kept a journal of what we've learned but we did keep track of activities, etc. on a calendar for any pertinent year. This will be ongoing for as long as necessary and beneficial."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Tina Dennis (dreamingofafarm, #1355) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"When I first read the requirements for this badge I thought, how easy, I'll pull out my storage containers and match up lids. I've been meaning to do that for a while. Well, once I got started the floor and counters of the kitchen were covered with mismatched sets of lids and containers. At the end of the task, I had a full recycling container and much to my surprise only three - that's right three - storage containers that had a matching lid!

This task was a real eye-opener. I like to think of myself as organized but the work for this badge showed just how unorganized things can get! I ended up having three empty shelves in my kitchen cleared off for new supplies. I decided to treat myself to new storage containers made of recycled plastic (and this time I vow to keep the lids with the container!)."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Judy King (patchworkpeace, #932) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made a half apron from a couple of materials in my stash. I think the farm scene print is very appropriate for a farm sister!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan Walker (clothedinscarlet, #1110) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge.

"I oiled ALL 25 doors in my 1920's old house today! They are so quiet now. Who knew how much 15 minutes of my time would do! I also oiled the chains on all of our family bicycles. I don't have any tools to oil that will be stored for the season, so I couldn't complete that task.

I am so glad that Rene' suggested this merit badge for April. It seems like such a little thing, but those doors will be nice and squeak free for a good long time now. And the bicycles are running nice and smoothly now too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Lisa Long (elisa in the woods, #1202) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"My daughter lives far from me, which in itself is difficult for the both of us. She is an RN; a single mother of three incredible boys; and possesses the wisdom of a woman far beyond her 29 years. This is despite, or perhaps because of life-changing tragedies that she has endured in her life. She is strong and kind, peaceful, and brings me tremendous joy.

Recently she was diagnosed with severe Systemic Lupus. Of six possible auto-immune disorders, she has five. Standard treatments did nothing to control her flair ups, so now she is being treated with a very strong, toxic, chemo-therapy. There are many side affects, but one particularly disturbing to her is hair loss. This breaks my heart.

With her in mind, I picked up my dear Grandmother's crochet hooks and renewed the little knowledge I had of crochet by attempting to copy some of Grandma's work that I have treasured for many years. I began with a scarf in lavender, and moved on to a hat to complete the set.

The set turned out pretty well; I sent them on to my daughter, along with one of her Great-Grandmother's hankies, embroidered and edged in crocheted lace. It lifted her spirits and made this helpless mother feel a little better for my daughter.

Since then, I have continued to experiment. I have 7 more hats now to send to Tiffany, made out of cotton yarn so that they will be appropriate in the warmer weather; along with two dishcloths.

I find myself crocheting constantly now, and every now and then I look down and think that Grandma would be proud, as I am gaining speed and the various stitches are becoming neater and even. I'm pleased and the effort is relaxing. I can picture my Grandma sitting in her wheelchair, her fingers large, elegant, and never ever idle."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Laci Wilcox (foxxywilcox, #1381) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I didn't really have any sewing kits around the house since I don't know how to sew. So I went down to the craft store and picked up the things listed for a beginner's sewing kit. I really got excited to start learning how to sew. I can't wait to do some projects."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Laci Wilcox (foxxywilcox, #1381) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I have never sewn anything before so I went to the craft store and picked out my material and pattern. I then asked my grandmother to teach me how to read a pattern and help me piece it together. It tooks us the better part of the day but we finished it!

I love how it turned out, I didn't stick to the original pattern I changed a few things myself to put my own touches in it. I cherished the time with my grandmother and made wonderful memories. I can't wait to do more things and expand my knowledge on more projects."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:49:24 AM  Show Profile
Luanne Bailey (beekeepersgirl, #691) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I kept a Gratitude journal every day for the month of March 2010. Here's my list:

Luanne Bailey
My MJF Gratitude Journal

Date Today I am grateful for………….
03/01/10 the beautiful cardinal in my front yard
03/02/10 getting my taxes completed and finding out I am
getting a refund
03/03/10 only a light dusting of snow – less than predicted
03/04/10 my friend who is coming over this weekend to try to
fix my computer
03/05/10 the beautiful sunset on my drive home last night
03/06/10 a warm sunny day out with my boyfriend
03/07/10 my friend that came and changed my flat tire
03/08/10 the new MJF magazine that came in today’s mail
03/09/10 a nice phone conversation with my mom
03/10/10 a busy day at work for a change
03/11/10 Annie – she’s always there for me when I need somebody
to talk to
03/12/10 a nice visit with my Amish friend in Lancaster
03/13/10 a fun day at the quilt auction
03/14/10 a safe trip home in a bad rain storm
03/15/10 the chance to see a beautiful black bear on my front
porch
03/16/10 finding out that all of Sam’s beehives survived the
winter
03/17/10 my little neighbor, Amber, who brought me a chocolate
St. Patty’s shamrock
03/18/10 dinner out with some old friends
03/19/10 my good health
03/20/10 all the good info we gathered visiting local maple
sugar houses today
03/21/10 our first picnic of the year – in March (70 degrees -
wow)
03/22/10 Sam’s forgiveness after our “spat” last night
03/23/10 the beautiful antique spinning wheel I found today and
could afford to purchase
03/24/10 my mom feeling better after being sick for several
weeks
03/25/10 a phone call from a distant cousin I haven’t talked to
in a very long time
03/26/10 seeing the first robins of the season
03/27/10 all of our service men & women –past and present
03/28/10 the beautiful scenery on our drive along the river
today
03/29/10 a good weather forecast for my trip home for Easter
03/30/10 being safe and dry during today’s terrible rain storm
03/31/10 all of my MJF farm girl friends!!!!

I learned that no matter how bad a day seems that if you think hard you can find something to be grateful for!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Lois Gray (necobia, #1271) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"I went to the local rescue farm River Birch and learned how they care for the animals and what goes into finding the animals a new home.

It was fun but sad to see the condition that some of the animals are dropped off in."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  12:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Lois Gray (necobia, #1271) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"I went to a local rescue farm and taught the farm manager to trim and file goat hooves, he didn't know how important hoof care was and was very thankful for the help. Several of the goats had hooves so overgrown they walked on their knees, it took three trips to get their hooves right.

It was very empowering to be able to share knowledge."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:46:37 AM  Show Profile
Judy King (patchworkpeace, #932) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I've loved buttons from the time I was a little girl. As a special treat, on some rainy days my mom would take out her button tin and let me play with the buttons on rainy days. I imagined the metal buttons were kings and queens, and others were princes, princesses, courtiers and "common folks" according to how I deemed the buttons prestige and beauty.

Although, I don't play button kings and queens anymore, I still have fun with them. I love to use them on applique projects, as centers for yo yo flowers and I hope to make a crazy quilt someday that will include them.

The best part of my button saga is that my mom gave me her tin of buttons not to long ago. It makes me smile every time I see some of those same buttons I used to play with."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:57:09 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan Walker (clothedinscarlet, #1110) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made this cute little half apron for my beginner apron merit badge. To make it a little more interesting, I also tried my hand at chicken scratch embroidery for the little heart.

I love it! It's simple, yet very cute and I had a blast learning chicken scratch!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  10:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan Walker (clothedinscarlet, #1110) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Aprons badge.

"I decided to make my intermediate full apron for displaying my Siserhood Merit Badges. This is a super cute retro apron from a McCall's pattern and I made the skirt part solid red so that I can put my patches on it. The apron features a gathered halter top and a super cute little pocket on the bottom. I didn't wear it to a friend's house because 95% of the time my friends come to my house (it's a fun place to be), but I did wear it out to my first Michigan Farmgirl Chapter meeting at a restaurant, so I think that counts, right?

I absolutely love this apron. I think it's my favorite ever. I don't think it will be worn often because I will want to keep it and my badges nice and pretty, but when I do wear it for Chapter meetings, I will wear it proudly! :)"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  10:52:06 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"A married couple, friends of ours and with whom we attended church, found themselves in dire need of assistance when the husband was seriously injured in a fall.

He was volunteering in their community which is only about 10 miles from us, helping put a propanel roof on the community center. He misstepped and fell off the roof onto the ground and fractured his pelvis in several places.

They have no family here and this meant that they would need help at the place with the outdoor work. It also meant that they needed help in setting up a temporary bed, etc. in their home until he was healed and able to move about.

It also meant that his wife would need assistance in caring for him, preparing meals and all the normal daily routine activities.

We (I) were able to assist in all the needed areas of their outdoor work and in the garden. We assisted in setting up the bed and rearranging other furniture so he could be moved around and eventually move around more easily.

We also were able to provide assistance to his wife in chores, errands, outside work, meals and everything else that was needed."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  11:08:00 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Lend a Hand to Farm Families badge.

"Last December, one of our own Farmgirls "Ga Girl" lost her home in a a fire on December 21st.

She was able to post that that had happened at a neighbors computer but had no home and no computer for some time after that.

It was just about four days prior to this that we had exchanged phone numbers and fortunately hers was a cell phone.

Because we had gone through a house fire and because Karen and I are true friends I got on the phone and talked for quite a while about the situation. I offered her suggestions as to where to start and asked her what they needed most, etc.

This is a monumental ordeal to go through and I wanted to assist in every way I could. I was out of work the entire month of December otherwise I would not have been able to undertake the hours and hours of phone calls, emails, etc. to mobilize the Farmgirl Connection to come to their aid.

I started the thread "Helping our Farmgirl - Ga Girl" on December 22nd. I tried to update that thread with progress notes regularly so Farmgirls would know what she needed or how things were going.

I answered dozens and dozens of emails from Farmgirls asking for her address. I called her every 2-3 days to see how they were doing and what they needed at that point.

I researched availability of department stores in their location to provide good suggestions to Farmgirls for gift cards.

I coordinated efforts for non-USA farmgirls to make donations through PayPal.

I made phone calls for Karen, got addresses for her, communicated messages to other Farmgirls for her.

She asked me for guidance on the process for filing the insurance claims and tried to help her over the obstacles in that process.

My last post on that thread was 01/15/2010. When her computer went down in March I communicated again for her by letting Farmgirls know in another thread started 03/05/10, my last post was /3/11/10 "Message from Ga Girl"

I also packaged up a big box of needed things to ship to Karen and her family.

Because of own experience I know the importance of support, help and guidance from someone who KNOWS what it's like.

I was TOTALLY IMPRESSED with the response from Farmgirls and the outpouring of generosity and concern. It was awesome to see.

It was also awesome to see one Farmgirl noticed . . through all of this that I was out of work and in need myself. Now that is CARE!!!!!

I continue to check in with Karen to see how they are doing as they fix up the house they were able to buy, settle in and keep moving on."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  11:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Cassie McClelland (cjeanjellybean, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I purchased five heavy canvas bags from our local grocery store, (very excited to see that they are offering them now), and also one crocheted bag and three muslin grain/produce sacks from our local "slow food" whole foods shop "The Cornerstore." I am using them whenever I go shopping, whether groceries, clothes...whatever, wherever!

I am keeping my bags in the floorboard of the front seat so that I don't forget them. I have learned that they are much more sturdy and hold more than even the "green bags" many places offer now for $1 or so. I've used them previously. Also, I learned Target gives 5 cents back for every one you use, and many Walmart employees are not very helpful or kind when you bring your own bags...very disappointing."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  11:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Cassie McClelland (cjeanjellybean, #1356) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I read through the home sections of latest MJF on safe cleaning, and also read on cleaning up in the Ideabook, which was so very plentiful with ideas & resources, to say the least! I am committing to using vinegar/ water/ essential oil mix to clean most wipe down surfaces in my home, as well as many other of the suggestions given.

I'm currently in my mother's home for a short spell, and I have separated all our cleaning items and my girls and I are using our microfiber cloths, vinegar spray mixture, reusable dusters, regular corn brooms, etc. Vinegar is excellent on glass and mirrors! Next move is to make my own laundry detergent & stain remover. I have done this once before, but want to try a new recipe. So far, cleaning is much more simple."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  1:36:12 PM  Show Profile
Lisa Long (elisa in the woods, #1202) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"Buttons have always fascinated me, and brought me joy. I inherited Grandma's collection, added to by my Mom, and have, over the years accumulated many more.

If clothing was worn out, before it was discarded, the buttons were removed and saved. Sometimes I would purchase an item from a thrift store, simply with the buttons in mind. Many of the little dresses I made for my daughter when she was small, were embellished with buttons from my collection.

Recently my mother in law gave me a good portion of the sewing supplies she had gathered over the years. Included were card after card of buttons, dating back to when a whole card of buttons was priced at fifteen cents.

This past winter, as a new Farm Girl, I took part in a button swap, and though I parted with some of my own collection, I received some precious buttons in return.

Years ago, I began to separate the buttons into two categories, those in the white palette, and all the others. My shades of white are in a special antique jar, where sometimes I just find myself turning and turning the jar, enjoying the luminescence of the pearly white and the rich ivory tones of others. Some of these are ancient.

All my other buttons are in a lovely cigar box that my husband gave me. Soon, I will have to separate further, and think of yet another place to display or store parts of my collection.

I never cease to find joy in remembering where a particular button came from, and plan on continuing to expand my button collection until they are passed to my children for their enjoyment."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  1:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Hughes (bdhughes77, #1223) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge.

"All the doors in the house and garage have been oiled and cleaned. Anticipating a weekend outdoors, all of our shovels, trowels and gardening tools have been cleaned, sharpened and oiled.

Everything is quiet and in great working order."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  1:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Hughes (bdhughes77, #1223) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"April 3rd through April 5th was our weekend without “connecting”. It was wonderful!! Peace and quiet!!
Finished a book, did some sewing and cleaned the garage. Saturday night we played Cribbage with friends and chatted without the usual interruptions!

We enjoyed this so much that, unless there's someting specific we want to watch on TV, we don't even turn it on which is a change for us because it used to be on 24-7."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page