Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I organized a reusable bag swap. One lady on the chapter wanted to join our group but we could not get a hold of her after the first contact so she didn't trade with us.

3 of us had a bag exchange that we made specific for the swap. One gave us bags she had. 4 sisters took part in the swap.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“I oiled a squeaky gate. Now we can't hear when someone comes in the gate, good and bad. Oiled the garden tools and oiled my truck lock.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“Here are some of the things we did at family night: crafting a clothes pin doll, played with dolls, played board games.

I read to the girls and the girls read to me too.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:35:04 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“It was hard to make a journal. I live with my daughter and her family and she has 3 girls they don't watch much tv, we are too busy. But my son in law has his father living here also and he watches several hours a day but in his room so the rest of us are not watching it.

They have show restrictions and any adult that is watching a show has to explain to the girls if they ask about a comment on the tv. No one wants to do that, so very little adult tv.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“We are continually doing outdoor activities. Camping in canvas tents. We are involved in rendezvous. We will continue to camp and learn as long as we can.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“Wilton is $4.95 a month so I went to the internet and learned everything I could online. It was fun!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I have decorated cakes using different tips. I've worked on collecting various tips. My favorite is the star tip.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I entered a cake into a cake walk at school. It was a popular item!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  4:46:29 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Merrigan (#6186) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I exercise at physical therapy for quite some time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Angela Sloan (ladypony76, #6681) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I got recipes and wrote them down from my sister in law, my mother and my husband's step mom. The recipes I have are:
1. Pierogis
2. Mandarin Orange Salad
3. Cornbread Dressing
4. Oyster Stuffing
5.Aunt Ruth's mother in law cake

It was great getting the recipes and remembering the good ole days. I found a 2 ring binder for note cards that I put them in.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilting Merit Badge!

“I made my very first quilt! It's a rag quilt, so one of the easier patterns to do, but it still took some trial and error for sure! I had some of my strips twisted so I had to pull it all out and resew but I finally got it done!

I am very pleased with how it turned out! I ended up giving it to a new member of our church who is expecting a little girl in Feb, #7 for her! (that's not me in the picture!)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“It has been a little bit more of a struggle than I anticipated, but I have went 1 month without using slang/abbreviations or any type of text-message type lingo. I had no idea how much I actually type/text like that until I had to try not to!

As far as picking two words from the dictionary, I actually changed it up a little and picked two words from my daily Bible reading to research. It was a little more difficult given that I read a KJV Bible, but it was super interesting!

I was disappointed to see how much I speak in "text message" but I am extremely grateful for this merit badge for it brought the issue to my attention so I can change it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:59:47 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“My grandfather is 87 years old. He is my oldest living relative on my father's side. I have grown up with him as my father figure but I never really took the time to ask him about our family history until the last few years. I was able to get enough information to submit to a friend who helped track down my family tree. This inspired me to look at the other side of my family as well.

After roughly 5 total hours of "interviewing" my grandfather, Robert Tommey on my father's side, and about 7 hours of interviewing my great grandmother Sindy Wright on my mother's side, I was able to trace my family back to the 1400's. (But that is left for the intermediate merit badge explanation!)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“It was a little difficult to get started, but once I did, I was able to find information somewhat easily. I had help from a local historical who had access to ancestry.com and a few other search engines that were a lot more in-depth than what I had access to. Between emails and phone calls we were able to find out so much about my family!

I found out that I'm only a 3rd generation "Tommey". My last name use to be Tomakatura, Blackfoot Indian name. Which is awesome! I was only able to track this side of my family back to the 1800's. Native Americans did not keep very detailed written records, but it was neat to see!

Then on my mother's side, I was able to trace my roots back to medieval England 1400's! I am related to a Lord & Lady Wright. Oh, and my Great X10 Uncle is George Washington, the President! This is especially cool because I am a National Guard Soldier, so being related to America's "First Patriot" is really neat!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I only have one picture of my garden this year as it was not as good as last year's garden. I moved to town this year and the soil in town is significantly different than the soil in the country. I had to bring in top soil. I think the previous owners used some type of chemical for their grass, my plants struggled.

I researched organic pest control but ended up not needing any type of pest control (aside from a fence to keep the varmints out). My tomatoes ended up doing well, but everything else only gave one or two vegetables each.

I am very disappoint in my garden this year. I'm hoping with more prep work this winter I'd be able to have a better garden next year!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:30:37 PM  Show Profile
Nikki Hurlbut (MrsHurlbut, #5131) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Make it Easy Merit Badge!

“I had my latest daughter in Jan of this year. I am in the National Guard so I am required to get back down to weight and physical fitness in 180 days.

Starting in March, it came time to start losing the weight. My family and I started eating organic farm raised eggs (which we usually do, but we were more strict about it), drinking raw milk when I was able to, and cooking with coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I ran every day and was able to lose weight quickly!

To lose more weight for my National Guard requirements I increased my workout. This consisted of running every day, eating a light breakfast (which was difficult since I wasn't use to eating breakfast at all), a small lunch and snack during the day, and a healthier dinner for the whole family.

In Sept of this year I ran my first 5K. I didn't finish last, so I am very happy about that!! I have lost a total of 60lbs since the beginning of my journey!

I am extremely happy about the results!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I have learned how to make my own laundry soaps, all purpose cleaner, and bathroom cleaner. I have created a binder that includes all my recipes along with all my other ideas on how to go green such as recycling and trying to become a trash free family.

It was hard at first trying to get my family on board but after about two weeks they were all in.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I have made my own soaps, bath bombs (which were so much fun using). hand lotions. Made laundry soap, all purpose cleaner, and bathroom cleaner. I have even learned how to use orange and lemon peels to make a really good smelling cleaner.

I had some hiccups along the way but it went very well in the end. I have really enjoyed this learning experience.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“To finish off the going green badge I found a spot out back by my chicken coop for a clothes line (I like it there because it reminds me every day how easy it is to go outside and get the laundry hung). We do not have carpets, however we did paint the kids bathroom and used natural paint. I donated my time to helping my neighbor to go green and learn how to make products.

It went well, no major issues. Getting easier and easier always finding new ways to reuse and make things homemade.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:42:30 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have a trunk full of shopping bags that I use all the time. This one was supper easy!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“Since I completed going green this one went hand in hand. Worked out great being able to work on two at the same time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“We had a leaky toilet had no idea ... was wondering why the water bill increased. We made a list as a family ways we can cut back on using so much water throughout the day.

This one was great because I know that after seeing the slow leak with one of our toilets i know we will save money.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:52:36 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“I have made a rain barrel which lately in Texas has been great. I also came up with a way to route the water from my ducks pool to drain into my garden.

Turned out great very proud of my duck pool draining into my garden.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  3:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Myers (smyers154, #6672) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We do not have curb recycling however the city and the school worked together and just put in a new recycling area very near to my home.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Pay it Forward Merit Badge!

“For my 50th birthday, I asked everyone to donate at least 1 non-perishable item to their local food bank for me. Our total donation count was in excess of 120 items.

Marking the halfway point on a century is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. When I stopped to think of what I need and what I want, I realized that there really isn't anything in either of those categories that anyone could get me. That got me to thinking even more about giving rather then getting for my birthday. Since my birthday is always after Thanksgiving, and the food banks usually have a large outlay just before Thanksgiving, I wanted to have donations for my birthday to happen after Thanksgiving so that we could begin to replenish the stock of the food banks. Several of my adult friends gave, but it was the kids (my Girl Scouts) who really turned out. This was a good lesson for all of us in charity at any age and for any reason.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page