Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Vicki Johnson (#5773) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I took 13 ss native american buttons, 1 ss link bracelet and split ring put together a bracelet. It turned out very well.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Serena Theiss (#5747) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I used the striped cafe apron pattern out of Sewing Green, by Betz White. I actually had everything I needed!

2 xl mens dress shirts and some rickrack.

This was a great can-do project. I haven't sewn in 18 years and now I'm hooked.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“Well I read more than just the suggested reading materials for this badge. I have even spent a great deal of time reading other peoples blogs and sites trying to figure out just what makes them interesting. -------I am a work in progress I am afraid. The subject I decided on is my what I know best .... my garden,kitchen, and studio.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“Well www.parishfarmgirl.com is up and going.

I went with Hostgator and I am self hosting so I have a direct .com address. I listed my blog with GirlGab and also connected it to my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest page. It is slow going but I am hoping that by adding my favorite recipes with photos and how-to interest items I will begin to build my following.

I will continue to spend time daily working on my blog, researching how to make it a great place for people to visit.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“The post are coming along well. I have posted many recipes. I have decorated my site to my liking. I will continue to work on my site and hope that my fellow farmgirl sisters will visit to take a look.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I have been collecting my mothers, grandmothers and of course my on recipes for years. I had them gathered up in an untidy fashion that I had to dig through when ever I needed one.

My Grandmother's recipes were actually starting to falling apart. I have been for some time slowly writing them down and getting them in order. Gathering them up in one place was easy, but organizing and deciding which ones need to take the front and which ones don't.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“My husband helped find and down load a really cute recipe card design with my initials. I am also loading the recipes onto my site a little at a time.

www.parishfarmgirl.com under the recipe section.

I am making copies of the family recipes for all my children to keep and pass on to their families.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:03:39 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“Well I have been collecting and using the family recipes for a really long time. Our house is the go to place for the holiday season and I am the one who cooks the meals. My children are now all old enough to learn how to cook and they really do enjoy leaning how to cook all the family recipes. My mom was a great cook. She even won national contest with her bread recipes. So those are ones I am excited to pass on.

Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Every single recipe used is a family recipe. I am teaching my children how to make these so they will be able to when it is their turn to make Thanksgiving at their house.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have always been a big herb person, so this was a fun badge to earn. A belong to a Garden Club here in St. Francisville and this month we had a member of the. Baton Rouge Herb Society come to talk to us about Herbs. It was a wonderful talk and I learned a lot about growing herbs in the South that I didn't already know.

I use French lavender in my business because I find it has the longest lasting and sweetest fragrance. But the Goodwin Creek Lavender is the lavender of choice to grow in the South.

I bought a book on medieval herb cooking. I plan to try some of the recipes and do a write up on my blog. I already have several books on herbs and I think I will use those to start an info. Section.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:08:46 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I started a nice size herb garden last year and continued on through the Fall/Winter. I am growing Basil, Lavender, Dill, Chives, Parsley--2 different types, Cilantro, Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary.

I cook a great deal and I use my fresh herbs all the time. I also dry and freeze my herbs so that I have them through out the year to cook with.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne Holland (Suzanneh, #828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I am adding Fennel, Sage, Marjoram. I bought these from the Garden club meeting and they are going into my already established herb garden. Also, I have been harvesting and sharing my herbs with friends and family. My next door neighbor has a dehydrator and we have been sharing herbs and dehydrating them together.

I am having fun harvesting, drying , freezing, and sharing my herbs. Cooking with fresh herbs makes everything taste so much better.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“I have created at least 10 posts on the Farmgirl Chatroom. I have continued to expend my vocabulary for over 2 weeks (crossword puzzles help a lot). And, I have finished reading the book "Woe is I, The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English" by Patricia T. O'Conner. (It had to be digested very slowly.)

I wish that I had known about that book when I was working as a tutor. The information inside it is invaluable. The explanations are clear, even on the grey areas of English such as the "iffy" and "wishful" verbs. I am going to be using this book with my daughter as she goes through school to help explain some of the more obscure details of our living language.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Corri Riebow (Pariscreekfarmgirl, #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have been a consultant with Thirty-One for two years and have acquired a large supply of bags in that time. During the holiday season I was getting tired of all the plastic shopping bags piling up from my Christmas shopping. So I went through my stash and found 8 different bags and put 4 each in both of our vehicles. If we are going one our major grocery trip I will grab them all to make sure we have enough.

It has been nice not having so many plastic shopping bags and knowing we are helping to keep them out of the environment. It was hard to remember to bring them in with me at first (and then I chose paper bags to bag my purchases). I will also often carry a large tote bag with me when I know I'm only making a small purchase so I can just toss it in and go.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Corri Riebow (Pariscreekfarmgirl, #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I came across my old sewing box that I had when I was a kid and filled it full of sewing essentials for my 6 year daughter.

She was very excited to try her hand at sewing, especially since I told her that I was about her age when I started sewing and received the same sewing box. It contains different types of thread (including vintage thread that was my Hungarian grandmother's), buttons from her button collection (including vintage buttons that were also from my grandmother), scissors, straight and safety pins,sewing needles and ribbon. It also contains 2 homemade pin cushions, one I made as a child and one that my great-grandmother made. Her favorite part of the whole thing was going to the store to pick out her own fabric!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Corri Riebow (Pariscreekfarmgirl, #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I am a gardener and have always loved growing my own herbs but I haven't really done much research on alternate uses for them.

I love almost all herbs but I researched my five favorites and this is what I found... 1. Basil: Besides cooking, it has been used to revive fainting spells. It's properties include refreshing, focusing and antioxidant. 2. Rosemary: Besides cooking, it has been made into infusions for dandruff, antiseptic cleaners for kitchens and bathrooms (I tried this and will explain more in a bit!) and essential oils to ease sore muscles. It's properties include aiding memory, uplifting and stimulates circulation. 3.Oregano: Besides cooking, the leaf can be made into a tea to ease a sore throat and the leaf oil can be used to treat candida infections. It's properties include killing pathogens, antiseptic and it fights candida. 4. Thyme: Again, besides cooking, can be made into an infusion to treat a persistent cough or a tincture for bad breath or gum disease. It's properties include antimicrobial, expectorant, and stimulates memory. 5. Lavender: AS most people know, this herb is used for relaxation and to aid sleeping. It can also be made into a cell-renewing tonic wash or a massage oil to disperse cellulite, prevent fluid retention and ease sore muscles. It's properties are to deeply relax, soothe the mind and tone the skin.

I did make the rosemary cleaner and it works wonderfully! It immediately removes any stickiness from spilled food. My only recommendation would be to keep it in the fridge if you don't use it up quickly as it does start to mold. Herbs are so amazing and it was hard to choose just 5 to research. I will definitely be digging deeper to learn more about them and can't wait to get this year's herb garden started!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Childress (msdoolittle, #1390) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“Over time, we have converted our products to natural alternatives; with shampoo, lotions, and toothpaste. I made a big batch of lip balm for Christmas gifts from coconut oil, beeswax,jojoba oil, and stevia.

Mostly good! There are a few organic shampoos/conditioners that I found that don't quite do 'the job' for my hair, but I did learn that baking soda and ACV works well for shampoo. I love homemade lip balm, too!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Childress (msdoolittle, #1390) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“We completely renovated our kitchen last year. Because we added all new cabinets, I had to go through every cabinet and drawer that we had. All unmatched storage containers were used for other purposes.

This is wonderful. Now I don't have things clogging up the cabinets and drawers anymore and I know where everything is!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Childress (msdoolittle, #1390) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate & Expert Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“When we were re-doing our kitchen, any extra items were donated to Goodwill. Anything that was lacking was purchased. The kitchen is much more functional. I have everything I need to cook anything I want!

I watched a few videos on sharpening kitchen knives and I now have a sharpener. No more mashed tomatoes!!!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Vicki Johnson (#5773) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I had several black glass buttons and decided to find out more also put together 10 different material buttons.

Black glass buttons originated in 17th century became extremely popular with the death of Price Albert where Queen Victoria used to decorate her widows weeds. They had to embed a metal shank before the glass cooled. Beginning of the 20th century black glass became saturates and they started to make colored glass. I had most of the other type materials that were used to make buttons, bone, wood, metal, cloisonne, black glass, brass,mother of pearl,fabric, plastic. I didn't have a rubber or bakelite so I asked my sister who has numerous buttons and she was able to supply me with them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Mathis (Andi, #5199) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Pay it Forward Merit Badge!

“Today I skipped my lunch and Donated ten dollars to my local food pantry. This was unexpectedly fun badge to earn. After skipping my lunch I started to feel hungry, but then I remembered it was all for a good reason. It felt nice to do something for someone else today.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Corri Riebow (Pariscreekfarmgirl , #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I have been collecting buttons for years for various reasons. When my beloved grandmother passed away, I inherited all if her vintage and probably antique buttons.

For this badge I gathered all my buttons from all over my house. I run a home-based jewelry business and some of my buttons have been purchased for different projects (the bright colored and white buttons). The majority of them were my grandma's though. I have tons of glass jars so now that I have them all together I am going to organize them so I have them more visible and readily available when I need them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Joan Anthony (ijjie, #849) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“Mission Statement: For the health and safety of all that reside in my household, I pledge to work toward removing all harmful chemicals from our food and cleaning products.

I have gone over to making my own flavoring mixes, and have removed processed and packaged foods from my pantry. As well I have removed non green cleaning products from my home.

My green journal holds my "clean" cooking recipes, as well as my "green cleaning" recipes.

The 2 greatest things I have gained by removing store bought cleaning products and processed foods from our home, is more pennies in my pocket and a clean chemical free living environment.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Joan Anthony (ijjie, #849) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I started making my own cleaning products, including homemade laundry powder, melt and pour soaps,disinfecting wipes, all purpose spray cleaner, toilet cleaner and air freshener.

I shared the recipes for these green products with the ladies of my local Extension and Community Association Club, the Silk Hope ECA.

My club enjoyed learning about alternate cleaning products. Also my husband no longer suffers sneezing fits, from scented detergent residue on his clothes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Erin McBride (notathreatinsight, #3762) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Origami Merit Badge!

“This was a fairly easy merit badge for me. I’ve been doing origami since I was pretty young. I was glad that I chose this category though, because I’ve never actually looked up the history of origami.

There is some debate about where it originated. It is likely that since paper originated in China (this is also under debate), the first origami was also practiced here. Since it is an art form made of paper, and paper degrades quickly, there is no evidence to support this. The paper invention made its way to Korea, and then to Japan. In Japan, origami developed into the art form we know today. The word origami comes from the Japanese word ori meaning folding, and kami meaning paper. This particular Japanese word changes kami to gami because of the way it is compounded.

For the beginner task I made a crane. It was pretty easy. I hadn’t done any origami in maybe a year, so I just needed a little reminder here and there. I was glad to pick it up again because I have a lot of beautiful origami paper that a friend brought back for me from Japan. It was just sitting there so I was very happy to make use of it.

For the intermediate tasks I made the following:
Shapes: heart, star, interlocking star
Animals: whale, bird, swan
Flowers: morning glory, lily, tulip”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Shelly Schrader (ShellyS, #5481) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“We had our Mary Jane meeting on February 17,2014 we organized a bag swap. It turned out good. I love using reusable bags.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page