Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Whittney Chaney (neenee, #3203) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“My farm chapter had an unprocessed party. It turned out great we have a new lady attend and she really enjoyed all the food.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  4:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Whittney Chaney (neenee, #3203) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level 3 R's (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“For one of our chapter meetings we made row makers for the garden. I myself am making a effort to clean up my gardening stuff.

We used old can lids to punch for the garden markers an used a nail an hammer to punch in the words. I'v been placing my garden tools up after using them an wiping them down. my hand held ones i place in sand its supposed to help them stay sharp an clean.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level First Aid Merit Badge!

“I assembled first-aid kits for my van, kitchen, and bathroom, put fire extinguishers on each floor of the house, and check smoke detectors every 6 months.

My vehicle has always had a first aid kit, but for some reason, I never could find one in the house. So, I've made sure to have a fully stocked first aid kit for the upstairs bathroom and a fire extinguisher in the hallway. Downstairs, I have another fire extinguisher in the kitchen and an emergency preparedness backpack with first aid supplies for the kitchen/utility/bathroom. I even bought some of MaryJane’s Outpost vittles as emergency food rations. I’m feeling so much safer that I was inspired to post in a community blog on emergency preparedness with a list of resources.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I checked out several books from the library for this level and looked into breeds and origins of the horse. I find this all interesting and helpful info as we are looking to get a horse in the next few years. I took notes on which breeds might be best suited for our family and conditions. I also read about which horses originated from which areas.

I also read The soul of a Horse by Joe Camp and looked thoroughly around his web page. I had a hard time getting the book but enjoyed it once I was able to get my hands on it. What an interesting way of looking at things. Lots of good information as well.

While doing this, my daughter did it with me and I learned that we have very different ideas of what we are looking for. She was quite upset that the look of the horse that appealed to her was not what appealed to me. Also, we plan on getting a horse from a shelter so she may not have her pick of the litter. This was a great learning experience.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:11:57 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“After gathering all of the recipes next came the fun part. I made three scrapbooks to give away as gifts. Two are wedding gifts. One for my brother who is getting married in September. One for my sister getting married in July, and one for my mother as the parent of the newlyweds.

I joined the newly joined couples books together with the help of their families and made them recipe books to take with them as they start their new lives together. This was hard to do in secret. For my mom I searched back and included old family pictures of loved ones and us cooking as kids. I even included the grand kids cooking. It's a multi-generational keepsake. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces.

I think they turned out well. They are each unique to the families with different recipes and pictures and will mean something special to all of them. My sister is moving to England the day after her wedding so this may be an especially important gift for her. I'm including some of the Mary Jane rubs with her gifts.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:16:04 PM  Show Profile
Norma Hart (njhart, #1661) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“This was my first Filet Crochet project last year. I started it in June of 2012 and finished it in 2/2013.It was a pattern I found in a book of Victorian items. To finish it up, I took advantage of time visiting my sister-in-law and during that week, I met the time requirement for Crocheting in the company of a friend. Total time crocheting with my sister-in law was nine hours. Made with cotton yarn.

It turned out, it fits the top of a full size bed nicely. I bit larger than I somehow expected.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:41:06 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Bogdon (ourhealingroots, #4763) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I started my blog (www.ourhealingroots.blogspot.com). The name of my blog is Our Healing Roots, LLC, named after my business. I published my first post on February 22, 2013.

I love my blog! I didn't imagine I would enjoy it so much, but I found it has been a nice way to stay in contact with friends.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Bogdon (ourhealingroots, #4763) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have now made 41 posts to my blog since starting it in February. I have been learning how to use Adobe Photoshop elements so I can customize and use my blog. I just started taking a photography class to sharpen those skills. I used blogspots options to customize my blog and give it a feel that matches my business. I have enjoyed watching my readership slowly grow these past couple of months. I made a list of favorite blogs to visit on a regular basis. I have left comments along with my blog information. I even put my blog on one set of my business cards.

I enjoy this process of blogging. I've been making an entry at least three times a week (not always exactly on time). I enjoy the process of writing and photographing more than I imagined. My blog is located at www.ourhealingroots.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Bogdon (ourhealingroots, #4763) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I planned to meet with my friend Crista and her daughter Luna. Crista brought a jar of old buttons. I added buttons from my own collection. Then, I went and bought some buttons that just really appealed to me. Luna and I picked out our favorite buttons to form our collection.

I have over 50 beautiful buttons in my new button collection. Please see attached picture.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Sherrill Roy (baabonnybelle, #4153) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I first learned how to crochet in elementary school and have used it in various times of my life.

I thought using up some cotton yarn I had in my craft supplies would be a two-fold goal. 1. Using up my current stash instead of running out to purchase more and 2. making some good ol' cotton dishcloths for the home.

I spent a few lunch breaks, and an evening creating three various-sized washcloths from the one skein.

The first washcloth turned out great. I used the "Oh So Soft Baby Washcloth" pattern that I found on Ravelry. The body of the washcloth is very simple, but the crab stitch edging (reverse single crochet) is a real humdinger on the hands.

The second washcloth turned out a bit smaller and I skipped crab stitch edging and used a standard single crochet in the normal direction. Whew...my hands thanked me.

As for the third washcloth, let's just say, baby bear would probably use it as it turned out very small, but I did use every last bit of the skein of yarn.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Terri Maynard (TerriJo, #5121) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I started my community service log, identified 3 organizations and choose to stay with American Heritage Girls which is a non-profit scouting organizations for girls ages 5 -18. I have volunteered my 10 hours. I wrote my synopsis of what I did each day. It is going well! Making a difference in girls' lives changes our lives as well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:24:43 PM  Show Profile
Terri Maynard (TerriJo, #5121) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I continue to work with American Heritage Girls helping girls ages 5 - 18. I have worked 20 hours in the last week! We are preparing for end of year activities and a community outreach event. I have learned more about the volunteer opportunities with this organization and what it takes to accept volunteers. I have kept track in my journal.

This organization is making a huge impact in girls' lives and I am proud to help out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Terri Maynard (TerriJo, #5121) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“Well my project to pull out/dump and organize my storage containers turned into a kitchen re-org! I gave away 2 boxes of items to other women that needed and wanted the items.

One drawer turned into all cabinets and 3 days later I have a much higher functioning and organized kitchen!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Terri Maynard (TerriJo, #5121) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I have made my kitchen needs list and have been able to pick up a few items second hand and new. I did give my unwanted items to other families who did need them. It has been easier to find what I need and use what I have.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Terri Maynard (TerriJo, #5121) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I learned how to sharpen my knives! How easy was that?? The first time I used my knife after sharpening, I forgot I had sharpened it and I was surprised at the ease in which it cut. I am now keeping them sharp.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I gathered up all the family recipes I already had, and asked my mom and aunts for my favorites that I didn't have. I loaded them all into a word document so that I can print them to go to my nieces and my own children for their collection.

I also talked to my mom about some of the recipes that came from my great grandmother. She made everything from scratch, including pasta and it was always wonderful. I have a few of her recipes too.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“Got a blank recipe box and 3 folder binders and started sorting through old magazines and dried flowers. I cut out pictures that looked interesting and glued them to the front of the binders, keeping in mind that my target is binders that my son and both nieces will like. I glued a bunch of dried flowers to the recipe box and put a coat of water base varnish on it.

They turned out great! I got some picture pages to put in the binders that will hold 3 x 5 cards and am printing a copy of the family recipes to put in each binder and my box.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  5:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Nellie Will-do Merit Badge!

“I spent 111 hours sewing and making various projects. I made two quilts, recovered 5 pillows, made a total of 13 pj pieces for my kids, 2 small toy bags, one retro skirt, one dress turned skirt, one pillow doll, one flutter skirt, two wraps, 5 cloth gift bags, one twirl skirt, one child's summer dress, one layer skirt and one bag skirt.

For the most part my projects turned out ok. No two projects were the same and no two patterns were the same either. I got a little frustrated at times but I guess that is how it goes. At this point I guess I can call myself a beginning seamstress. My next step is to attempt crazy quilting with all of my scraps”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I made a kit for decorating cakes that I keep in two large zip lock bags for now. I think I may have to make myself a better case in the near future but for now it works. I used these tools to bake a lemon cake and decorate it for my family to celebrate the great spring weather we were having. I made my own butter cream frosting and boy was that ever a hit. I used two tip to practice the shells and ruffles along the bottom, one for the flowers on the top, another for the vines and lettering and yet another for the striping on the overall cake itself.

It didn't look professional but the addition of my own frosting made it stay fresh tasting longer and the cake seemed very moist. It seems to get everything perfect you would need to use fondant so maybe I will try that next time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“We have a compost heap going & have had for 19 years. This year I am getting more involved. I read the book "The Earth Moved", by Amy Stewart.

I have learned many things about our compost heap, mostly that we don't water it enough. But the earth that comes from it when done correctly is the richest around. I'm planning on doing more watering this year--last year we had a drought here--and to turn it more. The book was a great read--easy & concise. Loved the pictures! I hope we get more worms working for us this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“When we planned our garden this year, we bought some new heirloom varieties. There are lots of varieties that we've used in the past that are heirlooms that we loved. I read the book "Beginners Guide to Heirlooms", since I couldn't find the book listed.

The book was very insightful into heirloom seeds. We plan to use more heirlooms this year in our garden. My ideal garden would be to use all heirlooms for my garden. We try new ones each year!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“Read the MJF magazine articles on gray water. We have rain barrels collecting from the roof of our house, in our garden, and by my flowerbeds.

I enjoyed reading the articles & re-thinking how to conserve more water. Always want to be aware. The rain barrels save us time and conserve water. And our gardens get rainwater which is better for the plants & veggies. All is good here!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“I replaced the kitchen faucet and put in a "hot spot" so I could have instant hot water if I need it (it's on the old garbage disposal switch so I can turn it off at night and when we aren't home). I kept track of the number of times I filled a gallon jug at the kitchen sink waiting for the water to get warm each day for a week. We took showers after I did dishes so that the warm water was already nearby. In a week, we saved around 30 gallons.

I was surprised by how much water could be saved by simply rearranging the order I did some of the chores so as to maximize the use of hot water and minimize the waste. We are on a well and septic system, so saving water is particularly important to us as a family, especially in the summer time when we don't get as much rain.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level First Aid Merit Badge!

“I enrolled in a First Aid and CPR class in February. I shared this information with the Girl Scout group my daughter belongs to, helping them to earn a badge in First Aid.

I have been getting CPR qualified since I was in middle school and first aid qualified since I was in the service. It is very important to me to always be prepared for am emergency. The girls were pretty receptive to first aid training, especially when I showed them how to make a simple sling out of a pretty piece of fabric. I think it might have been more the fabric than the sling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  6:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I stitched some doll clothes for my daughter's doll. I also hemmed some curtains to make a closet door curtain, and used traditional French seams on the end of the antique pillow cases I embroidered.

The doll clothes were a hit, the curtains nearly match the paint in the room, and the pillow cases are tucked away in a box, waiting until Christmas to go to their new home.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page