Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  4:38:05 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I loved the book "Blogging for Bliss"

I chose my subject as the joy of life. This is exciting! I am enjoying this this area of expression.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  4:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Alison Bayne (MumtopianAlly, #4833) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have borrowed Tara Frey's blogging guide from the library but did not find it as useful as other resources - in particular MommyBlogging for Dummies and the online tutorials from TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com. To look at it is a lovely book, but I needed more technical instruction than inspiration. The blog I have set up is at http://mumtopia.blogspot.co.uk/

I began blogging several years ago and kick-started the Mumtopia blog in 2012. I wanted to write about everyday life without being negative. The job of being a parent can be the biggest challenge we face. A job with no training manual, induction or sabbatical. A job for life.

So I created a down-to-earth blog to help my fellow mums. Instead of being full of my daily gripes and moans, Mumtopia is full of things that are positive, things that work, things that'll make life better.

I had nearly 8,000 hits last month, compared with under 1,500 six months ago. Mumtopia has helped me stay positive, try new things and gives me a creative outlet.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  1:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Tiana Hodge (hodgelodge, #4817) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“I checked all the taps to make sure no leaks, turning off water when brushing teeth or other tasks that you stand at the sink for. At night it's if it's brown flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow. Collecting the water before it's hot. Many other small ways too. So far it's about 15 gallons a week that I can measure.

These have been practices in my house for a long while now. We can all do more though. It's going great, i feel better knowing i'm doing my part. This is not a start or stop thing calendar wise. It is ongoing.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Tami Erwin (mrschupa, #4684) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I don't usually wear half-aprons so was excited when I found a pattern for a "tool belt" style apron made from a pillowcase - I could use it to carry clothespins to the clothesline. Unfortunately, it was TOO easy and didn't take near the 2 hours required for the badge, so I decided to make another from "scratch" (not using a pillowcase), using fabric I already had. It took some figuring - exceeded the time requirement this time - but I came up with a pretty and functional apron.

It's adorable! I chose fabric I had purchased just because I thought it was pretty. Since I didn't have enough of it, I added red fabric with small white stars. Then added a third print - red with white hearts - for the ties. Now that I have the measurements figured, the next one will be a piece of cake.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  1:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Bogdon (ourhealingroots, #4763) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I checked out "Blogging for Bliss" from my local library and quickly devoured the book. (It was far more interesting than I ever anticipated!)

As for my blog topic, I wish to write about naturopathic medicine and my private practice/classes. After reading the book, I want to incorporate some personal elements and fun things to try at home in my blog, so it is not strictly business related.

I've wanted to know for a long time how blogs could be created so beautifully, and this book certainly has pointed me in the direction of doing that. I ordered Adobe Photoshop Elements and it hopefully should be arriving in the mail this Thursday. From reading the book, I learned the importance of using visual images, actively participating in the blogging community, being consistent about my blogging practice, exercising great care around political issues, and keeping the entries short, enjoyable, and inspiring. I now know why it is important not to put so many entries on one page, because of uploading difficulties.

Sadly, I found out that my favorite point and shoot camera no longer works (eek!) and would cost a considerable amount to repair. In the meantime, I am borrowing my partner's point and shoot. I have been on the hunt for a gently used DSRL camera this past week. My father has pointed me to some websites to look at reviews and to understand some of the terminology. (He and I also checked out some blogs, and I showed him how they can be quite visually stunning...he was impressed.)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  2:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Whittney Chaney (neenee, #3203) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have collected 6 reusable shopping bags. I love using them, there so durable compared to the store bags. an you don't have to worry about taking care of the bags you brought home from the store an worrying about recycling them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  4:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Mary Duffel (Madelena, #3153) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I alternate between crocheting and knitting as the fancy strikes me. It seems I love these activities in Winter best. I had some left over yarn that I used to make a small afghan that would be perfect for a newborn. In addition, I am working with several ladies to teach them the basics of crochet.

So cute. The little afghan is so soft and luxurious. It's fun to make these for children. Our church group has a ministry of making these for birthing centers and maternity homes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Tami Erwin (mrschupa, #4684) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I have been sewing off and on for many years, so I already had all the supplies listed for this badge. To qualify, I cleaned out and organized my sewing area - making everything easy to find. I made a pincushion that drapes over the arm of my chair, to catch the pins and needles I use during hand sewing.

The pincushion I made drapes over the arm of my favorite chair. It includes two pockets to keep small scissors and other supplies handy. Hopefully it will stop me from sticking needles into the arm of the chair and forgetting they're there.

Having my sewing cabinet and area clean and organized makes sewing so much easier. And a lot less frustrating when I don't have to hunt for the tool I need.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  4:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Emily Hack (alterationsbyemily, #2951) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“I love fresh whipped cream on a cake. Lady Baltimore cakes are forever famous for it. I wanted to do a whipped cream that would not melt and could be piped on if needed. So I decided to develop a stabilized whipped cream icing.

I posted the recipe here http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61959. The whipped cream stayed on the cake for 24 hours which was amazing. It was piped on and pretty, even my husband said it was quite the fancy cake.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Emily Hack (alterationsbyemily, #2951) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I started a brief research of the history of Origami. It surprised me to find out that not only China and Japan had a history of it but also Germany, Italy, and Spain. The earliest examples are from Japan from between 794 to 1185. I started then on a simple design of a crane.

The crane turned out wonder and adorable. My daughter had me make a few more just for her.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  2:36:44 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer (dmeyer, #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have written 10 posts on my blog http://countrygirlforever-deborah.blogspot.com. I have added pictures to my posts. I have also visited other Farmgirl blogs and left comments on their posts. I am beginning to get a lot of new friends through blogging. I love seeing everyone's posts and pictures.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Lori Day (#4829) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I did a cross stitch pattern for my daughter-in-law saying 'family is forever.' I think it turned out cute.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  3:39:25 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have two herb gardens, the first/older one was mentioned in my intermediate level application.

The second herb garden was planted about six years ago and in it we have lemon basil, thyme, chives, parsley, sage, basil, and chocolate mint. Because rosemary is not a perennial I have to plant it every year, which I do and we also harvest rosemary.

As with all of our herbs, we harvest fresh when it is ready. We also dry a lot of all we grow and store for winter use, and every year I make up packages of dried herbs to give at Christmas to family and some friends who enjoy it.

When we have a lot growing fresh I also cut some to share with neighbors. I like to include "herb recipes" that give suggestions for the different herbs for things like pasta sauce, ethnic cooking such as Mexican, Italian, Oriental, Caribbean, etc., roasting turkey, chicken or beef, baking fish, in egg dishes and even using very finely chopped chocolate mint in brownies or chocolate cake.

I plan to do some shopping for something new and different to add to my herb garden. We use them always, enthusiastically and very "thoroughly"! The photo is just a sampling of some of the dried herbs we have and that I have shared.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Shari Dodd (Ms. Hannigan, #1158) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Level Know Your Food Merit Badge!

“I am applying for all 3 levels of the Farm Kitchen: Know Your Food Badge:

I have kept a food journal for some time now, and I have read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, In Defense of Food and Omnivore’s Dilemma multiple times, they are a part of my “essential bookshelf”. At the beginner level, we already do all of these things, and I have helped to convince my best friend to change the diet of her family as well by sharing the why and how of the way we eat.

At the intermediate and expert levels, we went one step further than a CSA, and we now grow as much of our own food as possible year round in our small garden. We buy our flour & cornmeal from a local mill that grinds it with a water wheel, our beef comes from a friends local grass fed beef we buy once a year, eggs and chicken are as local as the backyard, our pork is from 20 minutes away, at the same farm all of our raw dairy needs come from. Fruits, nuts & berries come from local orchards & farms as well. Any other items we try to buy in bulk from our local family run organic bulk foods co-op, or a locally run Mennonite market.

As for educating others on the way we eat, I blog about it on my site gravelhillfarm.com, and have become very active in our local farmers market by becoming the market manager where I can help educate our small community about healthy, organic food choices from the ground up. We are going to offer more how to demonstrations and seminars through the market this year, and I look forward to helping others make better food choices. We run market ads in our small local paper along with timely articles about seasonal foods available and recipes and ideas about how to use these foods.

I thoroughly enjoy being a local organic food advocate, and am enjoying the process of sharing this passion with my own 3 girls (farmgirls in training) as well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:53:14 PM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2, #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I signed up to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I paid $99 for the beginning kit and then set a goal of $300.00 in sales each month. I also began a blog at www.agivingart.blogspot.com to showcase my creations and to offer tutorials to my readers. I named my demonstrator ship "A Giving Art" because that is what making cards, scrapbook pages and 3D projects/gifts is all about. I only dreamed about it for 2 days before making my dream a reality.

It has been a HUGE blessing in my life. It has reawakened my creativity.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:55:15 PM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2, #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I set up my business. I am keeping accurate and detailed records. I created my business cards. It has turned out GREAT! I am in LOVE with my SPRING business cards.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:59:28 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) While working on my “Out There” badge, I decided to put all the requirements for merit badges in one place. So, I found a three-ring binder and created my very own book of badges checklist!

Get yours here:
www.farmgirlsisterhood.org/meritbadges-sisterhood-checklist.pdf

More on Raising Jane: www.raisingjane.org/journal/10925

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:25:10 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I gathered all sorts of family recipes and asked for them to be hand written. Family members loved doing this. In fact, three of them died shortly after they made their recipe contributions. What a treasure I have now.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“My mom and her mom gave recipe boxes to all the grand daughters when I was a kid. I still have the box -- it has a cute little mouse on it. So I was happy to gather recipes for my children. They treasure their gifts as well.

This was a great project for me and my children. Everyone was so happy to participate. Now, my mom, who is a wonderful woodworker, is going to make a recipe box for each of my kids.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“We have chickens! My two new girls aren't laying yet, but I've had a flock of four and loved the eggs they provided. Can't wait for them to produce.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I identified several herbs: mint, chammomile, stevia, lavender, rosemary. I made all sorts of things with the lavender, including jelly. Yum!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“My herb garden has: lavender, rosemary, spearmint and more. I used the rosemary in several dishes and spearmint in iced tea. Most things are better with an herb or two!!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“Because of my love for herbs, I was able to go crazy drying herbs and using them in a variety of ways. I've also made several combinations and gifted them at a puttin' up gathering. Things always taste better when you've had a greater hand in creating it. It is so satisfying to see my rows of dried herbs in canning jars.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  3:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Light the Way Merit Badge!

“Another Farmgirl friend and I made the fun chandelier. It was easy to make and I hung it in a tree outside. I enjoyed the simple chandelier above me as I swung in my hammock.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  3:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Karen Price (kkprice, #411) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“It was a really good idea to go through all of my sewing supplies and organize them so I could actually find what I needed -- especially when I was hurrying to repair something. I made a pin cushion from a canning lid and another from a tin jello mold.

I am constantly appreciating my sewing kit and the convenience of being organized!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page