Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  4:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I made my dog a scarf with pom poms.

I put it on the dog and he ran away with it tried to eat the pom poms.

I also taught my daughter how to crochet a small scarf."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  4:54:29 PM  Show Profile
Laura Kazak, (Laura Marie #369) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I made the switch over to better cleaning and laundering products when I found out I was pregnant and knew that this was the time to do it. I switched my husbands and my laundry soap over to Ecos, it's an all natural laundry detergent with no evil names in the ingredient label. It's so awesome, our clothes come out clean and fresh and they are still soft.
As for household cleaner, I knew it was time to change when I wasn't supposed to use harsh chemicals cleaning... warning sign right there. So I have since switched to using a mixture of water, baking soda and vinegar. It works great!

The clothes are clean, the baby isn't phased by the detergent.
The house is clean and I know that if she crawls across the floor and climbs the walls she isn't going to have any harsh chemicals on her hands because what I used is already found in food around the house."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  3:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Lee Anne Johnson, (AnnieJohnson #4280) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I knitted a WingSpan scarf. It uses only a simple knit stitch, but offsetting the panels gives it an interesting shape!

I taught my husband to knit and it went quite well.

I like it, and have started a second one in teal for my daughter."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  4:03:32 PM  Show Profile
Brande Vogele, (Dazite #4360) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I earned the badge by finding my grandmothers old sewing box that had been gifted to me. The box was broken so I found another to use and filled the kit with all the requirements for a beginners sewing kit. Then I made a pincushion out of fabric to match my box.

The pin keeper turned out lovely. Perfect to put all of my pins in instead of the butter tub they were in. Using my grandmothers things in my kit will put a smile on my face every time I get it out."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:24:40 AM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I knew how to crochet, but reviewed it in MJ's Stitching Room book (fun to read & enjoy!). I made 2 dishcloths to invest the 3 hour minimum time alloted. A friend, Heather, wanted to relearn how to crochet, so I helped her.

The dishcloths are simple but will work very nicely. And I love having them on-hand for gifts! Heather was so thankful that I helped her. She didn't remember a whole lot, so it was like learning to crochet all over again. She is making a hat for a Christmas gift."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"I went camping for 4 days with hubby & grandgirl. We went to a National Forest Park about 1 1/2 hrs. away from home. It was glorious to get away!

We went for bike rides, swam, cooked by the open fire, played cards, read to each other, & alone. So relaxing & a great way to reconnect with our grandgirl, who lives in a city situation 11 hours away from us. She loves to camp!! We all enjoyed every minute!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage for Food badge.

"My extension office didn't have any info on this, but I found a great site online that did. Edible plants in Georgia are: elderberries, blueberries, blackberries (late Spring, early Summer) muscadines (Summer)Japanese honeysuckle and young ferns just unfurling plus violets(Spring.)

Dogwood, leatherleaf mahonia and tulip trees when young (Spring) and hickory nuts (fall) are all edible too.

There is also a tree called Greenbriar which has shoots, leaves, tendrils and berries that are edible Spring through Fall with various parts. Hickory nuts throughout the year when you can find them as well as acorns which can be made into a flour-like paste.

Prickly pear pads are edible and you can make a tea from white pine needles which is very high in vitamin C. Here is a picture of violets."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Forage for Food badge.

"In October, our Master Naturalist group took a hike to Amicalola Falls and one of the rangers took us on a tour of all the edible and medicinal plants in the park. That was in the Fall, and I just went back yesterday (late summer) and took the tour again.

The plants that were edible were different this time, in different stages and offerings for food. The ranger did say that the best time to be lost and have to forage for food is in the fall, because lots of things are available then.

The additional plants I found that were edible were: sorrel (chew to quench thirst,) plantain, poke and dandelion leaves when young and tender, clover flowers, paw-paws (fruit,)grind grass for a tea, and shuttleworth ginger that can be used just like the ginger in the store.

The picture here is of shuttleworth ginger as an example of what is edible in Georgia woods."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Warner-Talcott, (Melissa Warner-Talcott #3555) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Will-do badge.

"This july I worked over 75 hours making a costume for a comic convention in Chicago. I learned a lot about patterns and sewing including how to alter patterns to make what you want. The costume only used part of a pattern and the rest of it my step mother (who is teaching me how to sew) and I made the rest by looking at images and a diagram. The costume was of Qourra from Tron Legacy and it was complete with wig, boots, identity disc and EL lights.

The costume was amazing! We finished it right before comic con and I had a lot of generated interest from other comic con goers. I entered it into the costume contest but I did not win, but that is alright because I am very proud of what I created. I met another Tron character at the comic con and we exchanged numbers he said that he had a lot of knowledge that he would like to share with me and I want to help him with his next costume!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Regina Sluk, (Orphiel #3065) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Birds badge.

"I am a birder and am self taught to identify birds and their behavior. It is my favorite thing to do in my spare time. My life list is too long to list here, with about 100-120 birds so far. I have birds I would like to find such as the Snowy Owl and warblers. I love to watch birds and observe their behavior. The mating and brood raising are fascinating.

This is an on-going activity. I hope to continue well into my older age!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Regina Sluk, (Orphiel #3065) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I have read a lot about bee keeping. I have also read Sue Monk's "Secret Life of Bees" and loved it. It really showed how bee colonies and human relationships are connected. I have watched "Vanishing Bees" as well as a few other documentaries about our bee population problem. I have spoken with a bee keeper where we buy honey about his views on this as well. I do have native plants to attract honey bees, and I do not cut my grass when the clover is blooming. I also walk around the honey bees that are on the clover. Anything I can to do to help!

I have become much more observant of bees and respect them more than ever."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Connie Cowan, (SisterSue #4283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I completed a yo-yo crochet shawl, which looks like traditional quilted yo-yos, but is actually crochet. Quite a detailed pattern but fun to make. Plan to enter this in the county fair in late August. I also shared this technique with my prayer shawl group and my online crafting friends.

I think it is great! Now just need the weather here in Texas to cool off so I can wear it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"Last night I crocheted a charm string for a bag that I'm making. After I got the hang of it, it went really fast.

I love it! I will make more for my friends."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I've been hand piecing, handquilting and quilting for many years. I can sew a straight line on a machine or by hand and know how to do different kinds of seams.

I think my work is very good and I enjoy doing it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level BakeOver MakeOver badge.

"Last night I was lucky enough to have two of my children (young adults) home. I had just received my "Bakeover" in the mail, so we decided to try a couple of recipes out of the magazine we received with it. We made "Potatoes and Asparagus" and for the man in my life, (a meat eater) we made "Potatoes and Bacon".

We had a good time making these bakeovers. They both turn out very good. We all want to try our own creations.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Cross-Stitch badge.

"When my friend found out she had cancer, she gave me a lot of her cross stitch patterns. This is one of them. She has past, but her projects still go on.

I really like it. I don't work one of my jobs during the summer, so I have time to get a lot of projects done."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level ChillOver ComeOver badge.

"I needed a dessert for my crochet group this morning so I made the "Lemon Blueberry ChillOver". I put the dessert in jelly jars for transportation. It worked very well.

We all liked it!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Quilting badge.

"I made a miniature quilt for my project.

I like it a lot. I already have a spot for it in my spare room."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I made this cake for my sister’s birthday. I made the "Make Your Knees Weak Chocolate Chill Over", served it for dessert last night. I had some left over so I use that for the filling inside the chocolate cake. Yum.

I really like it and I think it will take care of her chocolate craving for a while."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I pulled everything out of my cupboards and cleaned them inside and out. Reorganized and put everything back. I have a few things to go to Goodwill.

I usually do this once a year when school gets out, but I haven't had the time. Now it's done and I am ready to go on the intermediate merit badge and make a list of items I need to make my kitchen complete."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an intermediate level First Aid badge.

"Because of my Boy Scout background and working for a school district, I have my first-aid card and my CPR card. I have to keep these cards updated. I teach my special needs students basic first aid and the importance of keeping a small "Bug Out" kit with them at all times.

The students and I made small bug out kits. I got a lot of them items at a dollar store and their parents helped them fill out a pocket size card with emergency information. They keep their bug out kits in their backpacks or purses. They know to come to me if they need more supplies. It works well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Carp-hen-try badge.

"I installed an old fashion magazine holder in my quilting studio. I need a place to put patterns that I am in the process of doing. I also installed a rack to dry my lavender and other flowers for potpourri. I found both these items at the Goodwill. And I do “Dare to Repair”.

I like the way both items turned out. I can’t wait to harvest my flowers for drying."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  2:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Patti White, (P. Ann #4415) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I have been sewing since I was 9 years old. It seems like I have had a sewing kit, basket or drawer somewhere close by ever since. This category, however, prompted me to re-arrange and actually throw out some nearly depleted supplies and replace with new. Also, found the pincushion pattern that I saved to one day make for gifts and made one for myself. Fresh sewing supplies. New pincushion. Ready to sew!

The "cleaning out" is a definite inspiration and the pincushion that I made using wool was a little more tedious than I thought it would be. Lots of handsewing but loved the finished product!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  2:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Patti White, (P. Ann #4415) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I used a 20” x 44” piece of black & white print 100% cotton fabric that was purchased long ago but never used in my quilt projects to make the apron. Since I have sewn before and actually made my 1st apron in 4H many years back I thought I would try this without a pattern. Turned out pretty cute! And also, turns out, I actually like wearing it!

This was a fun project mostly because I would've not chosen to make an apron on my own. I've since seen really cute patterns which I plan to try."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Shanda Lord, (shanda #4233) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I created a sewing basket. I had all these things in different places around the house, so it's real nice to put them in one spot. Certainly handy! The homemade pinholder is leftover yarn, rolled in a ball and it works wonderfully.

I think it turned out nicely, and will be handy for future projects."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page