Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Recipes badge.

"Every Christmas since I can remember, my family gets together with a bunch of homemade cookies, cakes and pies, and we have them for dessert.

It is always very fun sampling my family's desserts. Everyone is famous for something. My dad and I make the best sugar cookies, my cousin makes the best pies, and my Grandma makes the best fudge!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"For a couple months now, I have always looked in fields in pastures at the beautiful horses near my house. I always try to make out what color they are, from beautiful bays, pintos, and grays. I've even seen a couple black horses. I've gotten to meet my neighbor's horse. It was a beautiful black horse.

The horse I got to meet never wanted me to leave. It tried to pull my shirt so I could stay. I have learned so much about horses."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Woman-at-Arms badge.

"I took a hunter safety class at the Western Reserve Conservation Club near my house.

I learned a lot and passed the test, only missing two."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:27:00 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an intermediate level Woman-at-Arms badge.

"After I took my hunter's safety course, I enrolled in a marksmanship program at the Harthegig Conservation Club. I would go every Thursday and shoot twenty bullets. I did this for two years.

It was fun to practice riflery. I haven't gone for a while, but I'm going back this year. I was four places away from being at the sharpshooter level. I am excited to go back, and some of my friends might even come too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level First Aid badge.

"For some time, we have had first aid kits in every room of our house. I take one when I go on hikes and I take the one out of the bathroom and put it in the camper whenever my family goes camping. We renew expired stuff often to keep up to date.

We always feel safe, and whenever we need first aid supplies, we know where to go to find it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  1:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Eve Kammerdiener, (Farmerette of Anita Kammerdiener #4035) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an intermediate level First Aid badge.

"I took a first aid class through my school when my mom had to take hers for her job.

I passed and can help people if they get hurt, although I hope no one does get hurt."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Catherine DeWitz, (AnnieinHenderson #3655) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Make-do badge.

"I had been familiar with memory t-shirt quilts and one morning saw my husband taking out a bunch of old old t-shirts. He has probably had them for 5 years. He was planning on using them for rags. I asked him if I could repurpose them instead. I cut off the sleeves (and made them into another project as herb sacks. I then cut the t-shirt into 6 inch blocks and made strips of 9 blocks. I had 9 rows of 9 blocks for one front piece, and then another back piece the same size so the entire quilt throw used 162 six inch blocks. After sewing the front and back pieces together with right sides together leaving a small open area in which to turn the quilt right side out, I pressed it and stitch around the entire outside to hold it in place. I love this repurposed t-shirt quilt throw because the t-shirts have been washed so many times it is very very soft. I am using it as a throw, but one could use it as bath towel sheet, a papoose type sling to hold your baby, a baby blanket, or even a small table cloth...but it is so soft I think it is best against the skin. I used Mens Medium T-shirt and got about 17 blocks per shirt, so it took 10 medium shirts to make my project. One could also use colored t-shirts and other pieces of old clothing to make this. It just happened husband's t-shirts were his old whites, and it reminded me of some of the shabby chic styles being sold now. It takes about 2 hours to cut the blocks from 2 t-shirts and sew two strips of 9 blocks each, and then sew the two long strips together. I have approximately 36 - 40 hours in this project. I sure would use this throw on a newborn as it is so soft and warm without being overly hot.

It definitely looks repurposed and you can tell it is from older t-shirts, but I like it very much and it will be exactly the right weight to use often."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:45:06 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48 #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Fishing badge.

"Several of the required knots are some that I've used in all kinds of other applications as well as fishing. Some would be jewelry making, setting up camping gear, etc.

The least familiar to me was the turle knot but I can see some other uses for that as well.

I also learned more about other kinds of knots for the Knotty Farmgirls badges.

There is always a need for a good knot!
And it's good to learn new ones!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz, (teryouth #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I got out all my reusable & cloth bags to shop with. My hubby came home from Menards (a hardware store) with 10 new bags.
I have a bootload in both our vehicles so we can remember to use them. And if I get to the checkout without them, I step aside, go to my van & get them before I checkout.

I love using the reusable bags. I have different sizes now, so when I go to the fabric store or the hardware store, grocery store, whatever, I have the right size!
I've been using reusable bags for at least 10 years, but recommitted using them ALL THE TIME in December."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Kari Workman, (Kari22 #4322) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I've been knitting for a while. My most recent accomplishment is a pair of socks. This took me close to 6 hours per sock! Hopefully it will take less time the more often I do it. I taught my mom how to knit. She made a sweater for my son and is now working on a sweater for my nephew. Since she lives 10 hours away, I've taught her via Skype, phone calls, and in person.

My first pair of socks came out ok. The heel was a bit short but otherwise, they fit fine! The sweater my mom knit for my son is fantastic and he loves wearing it!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Diane Kasperzak, (DiDi #3657) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"In addition to my usual container-garden flowers and herbs, this year I planted three pumpkin seeds (started indoors on 5/6/2012). Only one of the three seeds grew so that I was able to plant it outside (5/26/2012). I have not used any pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. I Googled a natural bug spray which I made yesterday and applied this morning [onion, garlic, cayanne pepper, dish soap, and warm water, left to sit overnight]. I hope it not only keeps bugs away, but also a gray squirrel who ate all the blossoms from my dwarf sunflower plant (given to me as a gift). I have attached a very recent photo of my pumpkin plant.

I read Montrose: Life in a Garden. The author clearly has a passion for gardening, but she also appears to have an abundance of time, money and help for her gardens - all of which make pursuing her passion possible. Even if I had the resources, I don't think I would ever reach her level of expertise. I like my simple little container garden, to which I'll add a new planting or two every year. She offered something else in her book, which I can take away and apply to my life. That is her attention to detail in and around her garden -- noticing the color of the sky in the morning, for example. Very "Henry David Thoreau" and something to aspire to.

So far, so good, as you will see from the attached photo."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  4:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I went through all the junk drawers hunting up buttons to add to the jar. There are over 50 there.

I now have all my buttons in one place and there are some nice ones."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  4:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It Pretty badge.

"Here is a color pencil drawing I made from a photo. Just learning so not the best.

I'm learning about form, shading and perspective. Having fun with it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  10:55:20 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I made a bookmark with border edge.

It looks great, I can use it at work to hold my place."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  10:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"I made a button bracelet.

It was easy to do and looks great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  10:57:15 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It Pretty badge.

"I drew picture of my house.

It looks ok, I'm going to try paint it with watercolors."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I cleaned out storage containers, half didn't have lids.

I have more storage space now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Greatest Generation badge.

"I will go over to my mom's house and we go in the yard and look at gardens or watch PBS specials.

My mom loves the company and my brothers aren't into gardening."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:03:53 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I got rid of non green cleaners. I will go green with cleaning products that are safe and natural. I bought some for my family to try, simple green products.

I like the natural products."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge.

"I oiled my backdoor, front door, and garage door.

They are less squeaky."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"My mother lives behind a horse farm and I take the dog back to see him.
I don't know the breed.

The horse will let us look at him but when we get close he runs away."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"I turned off phone, tv, and radio for the weekend.

It was so peaceful, I read a book sat on the porch."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:08:10 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gambrell, (geotracer #1088) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Recipes badge.

"I made my mom a scrapbook with recipes and pictures of family events and cooking.

I made them for my aunt and mom. They loved them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Oliver, (Farmgirls over 50 #4284) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I carry a recycled milk crate in the back of my car filled with reuseable shopping bags that I have collected over time. I also have three insulated bags for cold things. I also make sure my mom remembers hers when we go grocery shopping. My one downfall which I commit to is to use them when I go to Wal-mart for non food items.

My girl friend is starting to use them since she sees me using them all the time."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  12:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Oliver, (Farmgirls over 50 #4284) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Unprocessed Kitchen badge.

"I made granola instead of buying a box of cereal. It was so good. I buy whole grains and have a flaker so I rolled my own organic oats.

4 cups rolled organic oats
3/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup millet
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup each finely chopped almonds, pecans and walnuts
Mix all these in a large bowl
In a sauce pan mix together and bring to a boil
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 sucanat
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup walnut oil
1 tabls ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp vanilla
mix into oats until evenly mixed bake in pre heated 325 oven on large jelly roll pan about 20 minutes, stir half way through.
ADD 1 cup raisions or cranberries after.

Hubby Loved it."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page