Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:42:49 AM  Show Profile
Julie Felton, (FarmDream, #3069) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I've gathered 6 reusable shopping bags. I'm committed to using them. I've changed my routine to include putting the bags back in the car right after putting away groceries.

It's turning out well. I don't use them 100% of the time because I forget. One time I made sure I brought my bag in, got in line, paid, got my things and walked out. The stuff was in a plastic bag. I had kept the reusable bag under my arm the whole time. I'll keep working at this and hope to reach Expert level soon."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Sandra Vining, (Flower lady, #2650) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"First I cleaned out all my cupboards, a week later after I recovered, I sat about getting rid of everything that was not a go green. Then I made a list of things that I thought I would need for a clean tidy house. I went to walmart and bought 12 bags I followed my list as best I could my first time out. All 12 bags were filled I started a journal the next day Starting with windows I used what my grandmother had always used vinegar, 3to4 drops of a good soap. I got all my old dish cloths and wash cloths out. Well I started and was in shock it was easy no lines Four hours plus later I had cleaned all the windows on the outside of my house. I went in the house got my journal out and wrote that I was never using anything else Also wrote the next day I would do the insides of the windows I did have to take a days break because my arms were falling off.So on my off day I took all the small pieces of soap from all the bathrooms and made a small bag for them, with a tie and started to wash all the throw rugs hung them on the line and to my wonder they were cleaner and whiter then before So now I get all the bits of soap from my sisters. From there each day I wrote what I planned to Try to do the next day in my journal,and I found I did more in a day and had time left to play in my rose garden My husband is surprised in what we save in cleaning supply also what vinegar will really clean. But the best part was when my son ask me if I had hired a new window washer.

Well it has been over a 4 months and a half and we are really moving in this house We now have spray bottle with vinger water in them for small clean ups. We use our walmart bags faithful. One rule once they are empty they go right back to the car >just a habit now , for other stores I carry a basket just like we did 45 years ago in England. The plus is we don't have bags all over.It is been interesting plus everything else we are doing."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Pilar Stevens, (retasos2, #2498) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I made a sewing kit with a built in pincushion as a gift.

Like always I had a blast making it and giving it away."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Michelle Praught, (meshako, #3074) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge.

"I made a trellis for my purple hull peas, and a bean tee-pee.

The trellis helped my peas a lot!!!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Susan Chenoweth, (coloquilter, #2678) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge.

"I have always wanted to own my own business.
Last January SCORE, along with the SBA held a "Business 101" class. We learned how to develop a business plan and worked with a SCORE Mentor to decide if our ideas were sound.
Over the last year I have done a lot of research. I contacted successful merchants and a trade organization for recommended reading and advice.
I have written a 3 phase plan and have budgeted each one.
I am now in the process of registering my business name.

I had planned to be into phase 1 this spring and while being unemployed gave me lots of time for planning it left me short on money. I have set a goal of 6 months to be up and running in phase 1.
I dream about it each night!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Joan Van Roo, (Tourguide Joan, #1314) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"Read "Nature's Little Wonders Bees" by Candace Savage. It was most informative and I loved the illustrations, poems, folklore, etc. about bees. I learned so much! The difference betweeen natural honey and pocessed honey is that in the heating process the processed honey looses many of its enzymes. I can find natural honey combs at the Minnesota State Fair. I have a neighbor who raises bees on his land in Wisconsin and he provides me with natural honey and honey for baking. All honey in containers is processed.

I have a much deeper appreciation of bees and the health benefits of honey."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Susan Smithburg, (#2212) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I received a set of reusable shopping bags as a gift. They are a perfect size & easily washable. They fold up & snap and all fit into one large bag. I keep them in my car so they are ready for me to use when I go shopping.

My biggest problem is remembering to take my bags into the store! I have them stored in my car, but I have to make myself remember they are there!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie Hatton, (Farmerette of Kristina Nelson) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Let's Get Physical badge.

"I planned out an exercising routine to accomplish each week and stuck to it for a month.

Now I exercise weekly."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Safe Toys badge.

"I made drawstring bags to use as bean bags in various activities. For chores, a chore can be attached to the bag via a tie-on tag. That way the chores/challenges can change as the child progresses and grows. Since they are drawstring bags, rewards could be hidden inside occasionally. These are very versatile and useful with children age four and above.

Both of my granddaughters have thoroughly enjoyed playing with these bags. They both have sets at their house also."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Safe Toys badge.

"While reading to my granddaughter one day, I became aware of the fact that this modern little gal had never heard of Raggedy Ann and Andy. So for her next birthday, I made her a Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. They were accompanied by story books and coloring books of the adventures of these classic toys.

She loved them!!! Each one has an emboidered heart that is personalized to my granddaughter."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"My quilting adventures began with the announcement that we were expecting our first child. I made a gingham square-patch quilt. Rather than quilting it, I tied each square.

The beginner-level quilt turned out great. I felt like I had really accomplished something as I was a beginning quilter and we had very little money to spend on crafts. This enabled me to indulge my creativity, prepare for a new baby, and create what has become a family heirloom. The quilt has been used for three of our own children, and two grandchildren (so far :) )."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Quilting badge.

"My daughter gave me a Dick and Jane quilt kit for Christmas in 2010. I was so excited to get to work on this as I learned to read with Dick and Jane. While the piecing work was not very complicated, because of the length of the pieces, keeping everything from stretching was the main challenge in creating this.

The Dick and Jane quilt turned out great!!! It hangs on the wall in my little library. It's special to me for so many reasons."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Quilting badge.

"For this requirement, I made an "I Spy" quilt for a new grandbaby on the way. This quilt was very challenging in that each piece was either a triangle or an octagon.

The quilt turned out wonderful!! I enjoyed the piecing challenge and the quilting with friends. While none of the gals that worked with me were ready for the challenging piecework of this piece, they were all ready to learn the quilting process."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I earned this badge by making my daughter a French lace dress that utilized numerous types of seams, machine work and hand stitching work.

The dress turned out beautiful. It is truly a work of art. She wore it with the delight that only a little girly-girl could enjoy."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner, (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I made a sampler commemorating our marriage.

The sampler turned out great! It is now hanging in our living room where we both enjoy it every day."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  1:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Nino, (JenzaLynn, #2830) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"5/23- I watched trailer on www.vanishingbee.com
5/22 - planted lilacs
5/28 finished reading "Secret Life of Bees," loved it, cried a bit.

Lilacs are transplants right now droopy, but from experience they will perk up."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  1:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Nino, (JenzaLynn, #2830) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gaining Ground badge.

"Last fall started 2 bin compost system. filled with grass, leaves, rabbit poop & shaving.
This spring emptied into my new raised beds. nice and rich.
Worm bin- had them for few yrs now but 1 or 2 ago redid boxes made new one.
Read "The Earth Moved" by Amy Stewart. Finished 5/30.

Compost- Great help fill new raised beds. May set up 2 or 3 more on property for grass cuttings and leaves.
Worm bins- have tons of ideas for improving my current system.
The Earth Moved, great book got from library but think I want own copy. I have some ideas for my kids future science projects."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters, (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"For this badge, I went through all of my kitchen containers. There were several lids without containers. So, those were recycled. I also purchased some glass storage containers to replace some of the plastic ones.

It felt so good to get organized that I ended up organizing the other kitchen cabinets, too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:50:22 AM  Show Profile
Scarlett Winters, (silver3wings, #2044) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"After doing an inventory of my kitchen, I found that not only did I have everything I needed, but more than I needed.

I purged several items by donating them to Goodwill, giving them away to folks who needed them, or selling them to community members."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Loretta Praught, (rafeel, #3079) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level 'Out There' Women badge.

"I got a pack ready for hikes with a poncho, space blanket, knife, matches in waterproof container, candy bar (Snickers!), first aid kit, unbreakable mirror, a whistle, a flashlight, and a few more necessities. I distinguished ten types of plants and their quality's (and feasted on the edible ones).

My family camps a lot so I didn't have to buy much. The plants were not difficult either my cousin, Janet taught me most of them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Daniela Bergmann, (dixierose, #3066) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I first thing I did was use up all my existing non-organic non-earth friendly cleaners. I kept the containers though, to use when I start making my own cleaners.
Mission statement: Keep it green, simple cheap and CLEAN!!!
Next I dug out an old unused journal that I've had since I was first married (13years) and began to keep track of our green lifestyle change. I'm sharing it with my friend Kim who is already green (she makes her own baby wipes!!!) and she has been a source of inspiration.

Liberating. Now I let the kids help me out around the house because I don't worry about the cleaners on their skin. Cheaper, no more trips to the store bathroom cleaners.
I like my journal."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell, (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"As I drive around our country side. I see many differen kind of horses. Tennessee Walker, Paint, Quarterhorse.

But my all time favorite is a Gaited horses. A Gaited horse is known for it smooth ride. Rich landowners used Gaited horses to check their fields.

My friend has a Paint and when he's away I take care of his horse. I make sure he has water and feed him grain every morning.

I think hosres are the best. I love to see them run, and I hope one day to work more with them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:13:05 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gilchrist, (Camismommy, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"My family has planted various wildflowers, apple trees and plum tress in our yard. We have bees and I have watched the trailer to that movie "Vanishing Bees" and would love to watch the movie soon. I also enjoyed reading the book "Secret Life of Bees" I am not into novels that much but did enjoy it!

The trees are blooming now in my yard and our bees are going crazy!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Tracy Gilchrist, (Camismommy, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"My family already raises bees and I have found many different uses for the honey. I went to the library and checked out the book that was recommended - it was small and easy to read.

We have found that all honey has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties but raw honey has so much more and local is even better - that helps with allergies. We use it on cuts and also mix it with apple cider vinegar for a cough."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:20:32 AM  Show Profile
Susan Davis, (sidavis, #3073) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"Learned how to measure, cut, sew small quilt for my granddaughter. I then quilted on my sewing machine.

My Granddaughter, Alexis, fell in love with her quilt and sleeps with it every night."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page