Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING Next Topic
Page: of 2

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  10:16:11 AM  Show Profile
Updated 10/16/05 (we need it now more than ever, please join me):

Here's my suggestion, girls... We've been hearing about all sorts of natural and man-made disasters as of late... everything from hurricanes, earthquakes triggerng tsunami's, to airplane crashes, to civil unrest, drought and wildfires, famine, ... to you name it, which is a reflection of our Earth being out of balance.

I propose that we take this Monday, October 17th, Full Moon, as a time to focus our intentions, prayers, ideas, whatever we're each comfortable calling it, to heal the planet and its' peoples from our ills and to return to balance. I know we won't be the only ones doing this. But as a collective, we farmgirls do have great creative and healing powers within us to make a difference.

So, mark this Sunday on your calendar as a time to reflect, and do whatever calls each of you. This is a personal thing for each of us, but we can be WOMEN UNAFRAID especially when it comes to matters such as this.

Peace, healing, enlightenment, light and love to everyone.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Oct 16 2005 6:11:34 PM

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  11:06:42 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Thanks, Clare for submitting such a wonderful idea. You make so many great contributions to our "tribe." I really look forward to your posts.

I will definitely be doing this on Friday. Our world could certainly use positive energy and healing thoughts.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  12:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Clare - that is wonderful idea. I spend time daily in prayer and "quiet time" and knowing that I am praying with all of you will make it a mighty and blessed thing! Count me in!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Excellent idea Clare! I always use the sight of the full moon to reflect and meditate on my own blessings but this will give focus to blessings for the planet and population. We can HEAL and direct our love this way!!!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  7:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, I knew I could count on you. I hope the other farmgirls will be with us in spirit. Wherever there's a gathering with good intentions, good things will result.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  12:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Count me in!
I actually took Friday off of work and am taking the boys out to the country and onto the delta!
What a perfect place of peace and beauty to pray for healing for our planet and all of our sisters and brothers!
My heart will join yours in union for a better plant!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  05:07:32 AM  Show Profile
It is 5 am on the Western Front. The moon is a huge, bright, orange cast orb on the western horizon. Our day of healing begins. Please join us.

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile
(((((((((((((((healing hugs)))))))))))))))))

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone!
Just counting myself in on this great day of healing too!
Thanks Clare for the suggestion. The moon was beaming its way into our yurt at 3 am and I awoke to a brilliant light filled space that felt very ceremonial so took the time then to ask for healing. I am so glad to find out now that I am not alone in this endevour.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:28:17 PM  Show Profile
I think there are some farmgirl sisters who are hurting now...and feel wounded, lets lift up the forum members for strength and guidance and peace on this blessed night.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:38:57 PM  Show Profile
I've been returning to healing thoughts all day long...and now again. It is good to know there are a number of us doing the same thing today.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:47:45 PM  Show Profile
I was up at 5 AM too and the moon was beautiful. I love it when it is so bright that it casts long shadows across the land. I will join all of you in healing thoughts tonight and send prayers heavenward as I go out to enjoy the moonlight once again.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Just now found this topic. But I know, it's not too late. It's still Aug. 19 and I am joining in in the collective energy! Our Texas moon is bright for all of us.
Thanks, Clare.

From this hour on I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Clare, thank you for the reminder of the healing energy of the moon and the powerful energy behind the voices & positive thoughts of many! A beautiful ritual we could repeat each month. There is nothing made that can do what the focused intention of LOVE can. I'm visualizing all of us "farmgirls" hand-in-hand encircling Mother Earth...may the healing begin!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  1:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Very well put, Kim. I'll add this to my list of "important things". I like the visual of farmgirl's arms encircling the globe. Very powerful in and of itself.

Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  08:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Clare, I'm so glad we are doing this again this month! I wanted to share a site online I found if anyone is interested concerning Full Moon Meditations. It is http://www.pathoflight.com/web/moon. I'm not sure I understand it all fully, but I do know the powerful energy in combined thoughts. On the sight it was described this way...

"The energies that are uniquely available at the full moon - when rightly understood, received and transmitted in meditation - are helpful for humanity to move towards its spriitual goal as center of counsiousness within the One in whom we live and move and have our being. This is the esstenial objective of monthly full moon meditation."

For me, I understand, that when I standstill, surrender and align my intention with this greater good, it invokes the power and light we all need to make a difference. There is power in numbers and I know the receptivity of the farmgirls heart is open and giving. Let us use this power for the good of all.

Be blessed today, Kim

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  09:13:10 AM  Show Profile
Very well said, Kim. Thank you!!

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  4:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Clare, what a great idea. Thanks Jan
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  1:05:39 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing it with us, Clare.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  3:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters ~ I'd like to add something that might be appropriate here. Not only is full moon a powerful time (think of it scientifically - we know the moon has an effect on water and guess what we're mostly made of - yep, plus a few ounces of chemicals)but I'd like to share something that I teach my clients and church memebers.

First of all, understand that we are so much more than we generally believe we are. We are a part of the whole we call the Universe or God or Alaha or whatever one wants to call it. That means we, with Him/It are creators. We are made in the image and so have power. We express that power through our thoughts and beliefs. There is a law in the universe that says "like attracts like". It translates into every culture in one way or another (Christians say "we reap what we sow", Eastern traditions refer to karma, etc.). What it means in a pragmatic way is that what we think and believe is what we manifest.

That's why it's so important to be positive and to help each other stay positive. The collective energy (thoughts, beliefs) of the planet shape what happens here. Individually, it means that if you believe, for example, "I'll never be thin, rich, happy,married, etc." you attract more of the same. If you believe, "I am whole, happy, and have a positive effect on my world" you get more of that. And if we thank in advance for something we want, it tells the Universe we expect to get that thing and it works to manifest it for us.

It's simple but not easy. You have to work at it. But let me tell you, it works. I was supposed to be dead 25 years ago. I know. I could site countless stories from my own life and those of others.

This is why something like Clare suggests is so powerful and so effective. Think what would happen if the majority of the world's people did it! Jesus said, "Where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there,"

Thanks, Clare, again, for your wisdom. Our sisters uniting in positive affirmation on Sunday will manifest only more wonderful things.

I'll get off the soapbox now. See what happens when you let a minister participate in the forum?

Blessings,
Patricia

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!" Stuart Smalley

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  5:50:52 PM  Show Profile
By coincidence, this Sunday, the 18th, my church family is blessing our new church building. It is going to be a day of prayer and celebration (we have been working toward this goal since 1996!) As the day unfolds, I am going to pray for the peace that passes all understanding and for all of you, my friends and farmgirls who care so much about the earth and the people on it.
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Excellent idea Clare! Count me in.

Believe in the power of your dreams
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Clare I backtracked a bit and found that you sent the original email about this in mid-August. This was of course before "Katrina; we now need these positive, healing thoughts even more than we would ever have dreamed.

Thanks Patricia for your comments also. Positive certainly does attract and create positive.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  1:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Very well said, Patrica! Thank you everyone for your partipcation!!!! Like minds will create great change!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  10:06:23 PM  Show Profile
The Moon Appeared In All Her Fullness

And So The Women Stood Around The Altar

Saffo
7th Century B.C. Greek

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

SDPogue
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sara
Pullman Washington
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  12:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies - I just left a topic in search of some sort of healing in my community and to find this is so perfect. I will be joining you ladies and passing on the message.
Sara

See what I have been up to in my community. www.geocities.com/sdpogue
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page