Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Anyone up for a Whimsy Jar Swap?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anyone up for a Whimsy Jar Swap? Next Topic
Page: of 5

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  11:54:16 AM  Show Profile
I love swapping, its one of my hobbies. I am wondering if anyone would be up for a Whimsy Jar Swap here...we could do the first one with a PINT size mason jar, then if there is more interest for another, we could go up to a quart size.

You would fill a real Canning Jar with whimsical things related to farmgirls, depending on your partners hobbies (embroidey, quilting, rubber stampping, altered art etc) and animals on their farm, you would tailor the jar fillings to that...like embroidery floss, animal rubber stamps, buttons, farm related fridge magnets, small handmade soups, natural lip balm, ribbon etc.

Here is a picture of a Whimsy Jar I sent someone, it was not farmgirl related but it will give you an idea of what it looks like.

If you do a search for Whimsies or whimsy jar at www.flickr.com, you will see alot of other examples.

So, please post here to sign up for the swap, after assigning partners, I will let you contact your own send to partner for their address, I would rather not have everyone's address.

Sign up date until December 20th, you must mail your Whimsy PINT jar to your partner by January 20th. That will give you a month to find sweet farmgirl whimsies for your partner.

Swappers must live in the USA or Canada, due to the cost of shipping.

Note: When swapping with "strangers" you are doing so at your own risk, but I would like to think farmgirls are loyal, honest girls and would not shaft their fellow farmgirl. So if after "signing" up, you feel like you could not make the mail by deadline, prior to December 20th, please drop me a note and I will take you off the Whimsy Jar swappers list for this round. We will need to end up with an even amount of swappers to make it easy for me to assign partners.

So, who wants to swap a Farmgirl Whimsy jar??

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

Edited by - tangledthreads on Dec 09 2007 12:43:19 PM

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  11:57:19 AM  Show Profile

Swapping Pairs:

1) tangledthreads-Jane Carney
2) bertha-peggysue
3) debinthemtns-farmgirlblessings
4) Cheryl-22shortie
5) Willowtreecreek-myfairlady
6) HFox-paradiseplantation
7) cw246-Vintagegrl

Reserved for the Swappers List:

1. tangledthreads Michelle D in TN
Likes: Ribbon, rubberstamping, buttons, vintage trims, natural lipbalms, handmade soaps, rick rack, knitting, pink, apple green, birds
Farm animals: chickens, donkeys and Choc Lab

2. bertha Bertha Bush St Joseph Mi
Likes: Buttons, Funky yarn, Primitive anything, Sugar free candy, old jewelry

3. debinmtns' DebiM. Idaho
Likes: ribbons, laces, bias, threads: embroidery, sewing, rubberstamping, FQ's, Recipes, homemade soaps, homelotions, yorkies, chocolate, wildlife

4. willowtreecreek Julie K. Arkansas
sewing, embroidery, wool felt, cooking, buttons, recipes, english mastiffs, golden retreiver, cats

5. farmgirls blessings Lea TN
Likes:primitives, sewies, buttons, trims, embroidery, chocolate, sewing, dolls, old things, cooking, handmades of all sorts, stitchery

6. Cheryl Cheryl Ca
Likes: buttons, lace, stickers, cats, embroidery, chocolate, fabric, recipes, scrapbooking

7. Jane Carney Jane CA
Likes: wool felt, roving, embroidery floss, buttons, candy, stamps or any other cute, fun goodie.

8. myfairlady636 Janice WY
Likes: buttons, jewelry, beads, ribbon and trim, treats and handmades of all sorts.

9. peggysue

10. paradiseplantation Julie LA
items, chickens, reading, gardening, just about anything

11. 22shortie Rebekak Sulpher, LA
Likes: anything with bible verses on it, Fleur De Lies, sachets, fabric, recipes, candles, pretty fridge magnets, charms, anything related to cooking, ribbons, and misc craft things...really i LOVE EVERYTHING!!

12. HFox Laura Parkesburg, LA
Likes: all kinds of whimsical stuff, but especially gardening, roosters, pigs, and "retro-goodies".

13. cw246 Cheryl Largo, FL
Likes: sewing, quilting, embroidery, ribbons, buttons, floss, recipes, baking, dogs, vintage anything, hankies, magnets, fabric, cookie cutters, flowers, as you can see ... everything [;P]

14. Vintagegrl Jeanette NH
Likes: crochet, knitting, ribbons, buttons, dance, magnets, fabric, cookie cutters, anything really...

Edited by - tangledthreads on Dec 19 2007 11:34:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Tanglethreads Please sign me up for this swap bertha Bertha Bush St Joseph Mi
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Great! If you haven't done one of these before you are in for a treat..its so fun to get the jar, first so pretty and colorful and then you get to dig in and find all likes of cuties and sweet things!

Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:24:29 PM  Show Profile
Tanglethreads my likese Buttons Funky yarn Primitive anything Sugar free candy old jewelry Thank you bertha
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  12:45:56 PM  Show Profile
I will play!

debinmtns' DebiM. Idaho

ribbons, laces, bias, threads: embroidery, sewing, rubberstamping, FQ's, Recipes, homemade soaps, homelotions, yorkies, chocolate, wildlife.

debinmtns farmgirl #63
Have a Thankfulness Gratitude Attitude.
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  1:08:44 PM  Show Profile
I would LOVE to play too....but due to the other projects that I am working on, I am not able to add this on and get it completed by the send by date. Sounds like a great idea tho....keep me in mind for the next one :)

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  1:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Amy,

Sorry, you won't be able to join us this time...hopefully next time!!

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  3:40:41 PM  Show Profile
Cool! What a neat swap! I would LOVE to join!

willowtreecreek Julie K. Arkansas
sewing, embroidery, wool felt, cooking, buttons, recipes, english mastiffs, golden retreiver, cats

Also just incase someone drops out or you have an uneven number I would be willing to do 2 jars.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile
This does sound like a great idea... but with the holidays and such I too can't commit this time around... maybe next time. Have fun with this ladies!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  4:05:11 PM  Show Profile
same here..alot going on during the holidays. but it does sound like fun and a great gift idea.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  4:11:40 PM  Show Profile
What fun! I've never done a swap before but would love to join this one!

Let's see ~ I love primitives, sewies, buttons, trims, embroidery, chocolate, sewing, dolls, old things, cooking, handmades of all sorts, stitchery and my favorite color is cranberry!

Thanks for letting me join! Can hardly wait to get started!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Edited by - farmgirl blessings on Dec 09 2007 7:54:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile
What a fun idea!! I will have to think about whether I can fit it in right now...I will get back to you...sounds like a cute one!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  6:41:48 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry its not going to suit some of you but I totally understand about the holidays, I was thinking by giving us to the 20th of Jan to send that would get us over the Hoilday madness and give us something fun to look forward to in January.

I will do a Spring Quart size Jar swap, that way we can fill it with seeds, garden gloves, etc. I thought doing a pint size first will give everyone a chance to try this kind of swap on a smaller scale to see if they enjoy it and want to commit to a Quart size jar~

So, if you can't do it this round look for a Spring Whimsy Jar swap in March probably, maybe sign ups will be in Feb for a March mail date.

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  6:49:36 PM  Show Profile
For me, it is a perfect time. I was thinking the same thing. All the excitement of the holidays will be over and all the lovely decorations come down. But the fun won't be over! I'll be shopping and creating to fill my partner's jar ... and I'll get one as well. Goodness, I'm already looking forward to the Spring jar swap as well!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  7:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great! Count me in then for the "spring" one

quote:
Originally posted by tangledthreads

I am sorry its not going to suit some of you but I totally understand about the holidays, I was thinking by giving us to the 20th of Jan to send that would get us over the Hoilday madness and give us something fun to look forward to in January.

I will do a Spring Quart size Jar swap, that way we can fill it with seeds, garden gloves, etc. I thought doing a pint size first will give everyone a chance to try this kind of swap on a smaller scale to see if they enjoy it and want to commit to a Quart size jar~

So, if you can't do it this round look for a Spring Whimsy Jar swap in March probably, maybe sign ups will be in Feb for a March mail date.

Mahatma Ghandi

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Dec 09 2007 7:07:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  7:45:28 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in! I like buttons, lace, stickers, cats, embroidery, chocolate, fabric, recipes, scrapbooking.

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Jane Carney
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Jane
Hidden Valley Lake CA
84 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  9:11:10 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up. This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm always looking for something to keep me busy after the holidays.

I love wool felt, roving, embroidery floss, buttons, candy, stamps or any other cute, fun goodie.

Jane

http://janesdesign.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  04:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Michelle~

I am totally on board for the Spring one. I am sorry I can't do this one, but we are moving in Jan. and I know I won't have time to find fun stuff for it. But the wheels are already turning on ways to fill up that quart jar! ;) I am so excited, thanks for thinking of this!

BTW, where are you in TN? I grew up in Gallatin, just NE of Nashville.
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  05:46:07 AM  Show Profile
So we are doing a pint jar one this swap, and a Spring were doing a Quart. This will be delightful. I already have one item for both.

debinmtns farmgirl #63

Edited by - debinmtns on Dec 10 2007 05:51:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  08:24:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lovelady

Michelle~

I am totally on board for the Spring one. I am sorry I can't do this one, but we are moving in Jan. and I know I won't have time to find fun stuff for it. But the wheels are already turning on ways to fill up that quart jar! ;) I am so excited, thanks for thinking of this!

BTW, where are you in TN? I grew up in Gallatin, just NE of Nashville.

We moved from Gallatin to where we currently live now in middle TN, I am about an hour and half from Gallatin now towards Knoxville. My husband is from Franklin, Ky.

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  08:25:36 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by debinmtns

So we are doing a pint jar one this swap, and a Spring were doing a Quart. This will be delightful. I already have one item for both.

debinmtns farmgirl #63

Yes, This swap is for a PINT size jar, a Quart size will be in the Spring!

Mahatma Ghandi

Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile
And I can't take credit for thinking up the idea of Whimsy Jar swaps, but I did think about how appropriate it would be for some farmgirls! lol I have participated in these Whimsy Jar swaps on another site I swap on.
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  09:27:58 AM  Show Profile
It's still a nice exchange. And farmgals have been using jars forstoring everything and anything for years.

debinmtns farmgirl #63
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  07:32:13 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join!

I love buttons, jewelry, beads, ribbon and trim, treats and handmades of all sorts.

My Fair Lady

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  2:56:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by myfairlady636

I would love to join!

I love buttons, jewelry, beads, ribbon and trim, treats and handmades of all sorts.

My Fair Lady

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"

Great, the more the merrier!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´tangledthreads

Mahatma Ghandi

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Anyone up for a Whimsy Jar Swap? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page