Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  09:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Bridget - are you talking about the Chalk Walk that Carol mentioned at the first of this thread? If so, I'll ask her to get ya' the information - doesn't it sound fun?!?!

You are all so generous with your time and talents - it's so wonderful to see some good old-fashioned caring going on!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  10:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Yes anne! The chalk walk!!!:) Fun fun! Info please!!!! Hugs!

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

Kat07
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Kathleen
75 East Bolton Rd #23 Oakley Ca
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  7:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Kat07's MSN Messenger address
It has been awhile since there was a post in this section. Our newly formed group has talked about doing stuff at christmas and thanksgiving and this last meeting we also talked about helping this organazation in our area that is called kids helping kids in need it started with 1 boy watching oprah with his mom and he wanted to raise enough money to adopt 1 child in ghana for a yr. last I read he and his group have raised enough to feed 5 kids for a yr.

Barefootin and diggin in the dirt!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  9:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kathleen!

That is a great idea!

Another couple ideas you can do to help in your community if you would like:

Sew cloth flat fold diapers (30x30inch flannel squares) for your local pregnancy resource place. Our's is called Carenet.

Sew baby clothes, blankets, hats for newborn babies and donate to hospitals.

Donate garden produce to a local food bank.

Sell hand made items to help donate to a charity of your choice.

I hope you and your chapter have a great time!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Holiday Angel
True Blue Farmgirl

444 Posts

Pauline
Sweet Home Oregon
USA
444 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  09:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Holiday Angel's MSN Messenger address
Ladies, I am about to go into something I have no idea how to introduce, but Fran believes this is where I should post the it.
Our charity is looking for help in so many area's, and we do so many things with Babies, Children, and grieving parents it is difficult to wrap ones thoughts on how to post it all. There is hardly a way a person could "not" be of use if they were to craft anything at all. Even woodworking. At present our host on our forum is working on our board so it is temporarily down so even that is tough, but if you put our name into a search engine on your computer you will find it everywhere as we cover all 50 states and some other countries in what we do. No poverty level is required to receive anything we donate for free to anyone in a crisis, be it burn out, car wrecks, foster kids, or any other situation you can think of we are there, even Katrina..We at Heavenly Angels in Need would be honored to have all you fine ladies that desire to, and husbands, help us serve the United States for these needs. Our volunteers work endless hours and are so very creative and are blessed belong measure when they get the simple thank you from a parent that has a child to 18 years old that has been helped. We are also joined up with many other organizations, including "Now I Lay me Down To Sleep" that donates professional photography to families for free when they have a baby or tot that is passing or has passed. They have been on the news so much they have multiple video's of them being there. It would be beneficial at this point to check them out as well. We work hand in hand so to speak.
Well, I have blathered a lot, so maybe you can see a bit of what we do and maybe where you could fit in. And of course you are sure welcome to join us there as well. With this bunch of wonderful people I just know the farm girls could fill needs way beyond their wildest dreams and even have reasons to tell your husbands you need more things (lol)..We do encourage them to work whether its woodworking, making toys, sewing or crafting in other ways.(We have some men doing it already) See just what you think and feel about all of this..

www.http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com
President Childrens Division of Heavenly Angels in Need

Edited by - Holiday Angel on Jul 24 2007 11:22:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  09:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Revisiting this topic and wondering if what everyone is doing for the holidays. I always take a wishlist from the wishing tree at church to fill but then try and pick something that our whole family can do together to support locally or nationally.

What are you all doing? Any Chapters decide on a special holiday project?

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  09:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Here in Kuwait we have decided in my sewing group, to help Animals Friends League. They have a shelter and get stray cats, dogs that have been mistreated or abandonned and are running free in the streets with no food and no water available. They give them their shots and neuturize them before putting them up for adoption. So we have made a lot of items, Christmas tree skirts, runners, tree decorations, sewing kits, pots holders and trivets, to name a few. Our bazaar is to be hold on november 14 th and the money will go to the shelter. So please wish us luck.

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Nov 01 2007 10:02:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
What a great thing to do. Kudos to you and all those that participate. I collected a bunch of things a couple years ago that a farmgirl here had requested for hurricane victims and my reward was a true farmgirl friend for life.

Anybody else have something in the works for this season?

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  5:18:04 PM  Show Profile
We are doing the "wish tree", too, but I'm volunteering at the Christmas Store for "Be Concerned", a local outreach program that I think I referenced before in this thread. I'm very much looking forward to helping the folks who remind me WHAT Christmas is about...

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  9:17:07 PM  Show Profile
Girls I really am behind times my neice Jessica sent me over here , i love this part of the forum , now this is my thing , bare with me I will catch on, this is what I like to do make things and do for others thanks miss wilma

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  9:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma, maybe we can get a day together where we can all showcase our talents and make something for a local charity. I'm knitting pretty well and can make a hat in no time (and it actually LOOKS like a HAT!)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
Oh that is a really good thing to do! Great job!

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  11:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Last Sunday, a few of us Flora Farmgirls went to Point Pleasant, West Virginia to the Goodwill. Then we went to the Golden Corral for dinner. I got 3 tiered skirts and two tops, a beautiful gold leaf china dinner plate and a set of sunflower salt & pepper shakers. We're going to meet again next Sunday at my house for a mending party. (Mending not required...lol) Everyone is bringing as many brownies as they can, so we can get a box together to send to a friend of my son's who is in Iraq and begging for brownies for his unit. Stay warm...Spring is on it's way!Happy Groundhog Day!
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  08:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Here it is March 12th. I posted the above post on February 2nd and we did have a mending party and packaged brownies all afternoon. The box weighed 15 pounds (that's a bunch of brownies!)and cost around $17.00 to ship to Iraq. Three of us mended and sewed all afternoon too. But since then, our newly formed Farmgirl chapter has hit a wall....what happened? We were off to a wonderful start!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  6:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Philanthropy

We will choose a new charity project each quarter.

If you want to check our brand spankin' new Henhouse it's here http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp?CAT_ID=63

If you'd like to join up just shoot an email to the "Magic Man" Brian

Thanks all!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

AlwaysLearning
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Lynn
Vancouver WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  3:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Looking for Farmgirls in Vancouver, WA
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  5:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls of the Heartland will have a project for this years Christmas Party.
Our Christmas Giving Project this year (2009) will be a Wish List for the Gladstone, MO Animal Shelter. They have a short list of items needed to help with animal care while animals wait to find a new forever home.
The list contains bleach, paper towels, newspapers, cheap clay cat litter, dishwashing soap, laundry soap, large trash bags, treats for dogs and cats and old blankets and towels.
Some of the items may already be around the house. Also monetary donations are welcome and will help support the surgery fund for injured animals that are dumped at the facilty, as well as the food budget.

No animal should be denied hope, love and a forever home.

Thank you for giving from the heart.

WENDE WAGNER, #660
Farmgirls of the Heartland

You know your a Farm Girl when...
Go to Top of Page

hhalleck
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Hannah
Ohio
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  4:39:46 PM  Show Profile
way to go!

Hannah May
Farmgirl #882
www.thehallecks.blogspot.com
www.prettystinkingreen.com
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  7:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Charity...Project Giving.

For those who wish to join the Laura Ingalls Wilder Road trip there will be a Project Giving at each site location. Each site will be different, such as painting a small building or a room , weeding and cleaning flower beds, donating to a food pantry or clothes closet or helping with a community thrift store.
Follow the blog site for additional information.

www.farmgirlsontheloose.blogspot.com

Farmgirls have Heart

You know your a Farm Girl when...

Go to Top of Page

mustardseedfarm
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Tracy
Walker MI
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  9:38:12 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful! Two of my daughters were born with cleft lip/palates.

"Run through life with wild abandonment but don't carry scissors." Lady Abigail Snippenmeyer
Go to Top of Page

gilmerg
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Gayle
Lobelville Tennessee
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  4:25:03 PM  Show Profile
#65532;I am a 69 year old disabled retired special education teacher. My friend who is 66 and disable and I knit for charity. We knit thru a group known as Hillsboro Church of Christ Knitwitters. We also knit for our local elementary students who need it. We knit for the homeless (lap robes, hats, scarves, donate gloves), chemo hats, babies (blankets, sweaters, hats, etc.), for nursing homes (laprobes), and soldiers (helmet liners, laprobes, hats,scarves), and for elementary students who need hats (donate gloves). However, we are running out of yarn and we have used our own stash and yarn that has been donated to us for the past 3 or 4 years. We have just finished 100 hats for needy school children in our area.
If anyone has yarn that they want to see used in such a work of service to others, please mail yarn to Gayle Gilmer, 4042 Lost Creek Rd., Lobelville, TN 37097. We cannot use yarn that has been chewed on by animals, but any other type of yarn would be much appreciated. Thanks.
If you would like to see a pix of our work, please go to my page on fb or email at gilmergd@gmail.com

Go to Top of Page

gilmerg
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Gayle
Lobelville Tennessee
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  4:26:42 PM  Show Profile
#65532;I am a 69 year old disabled retired special education teacher. My friend who is 66 and disable and I knit for charity. We knit thru a group known as Hillsboro Church of Christ Knitwitters. We also knit for our local elementary students who need it. We knit for the homeless (lap robes, hats, scarves, donate gloves), chemo hats, babies (blankets, sweaters, hats, etc.), for nursing homes (laprobes), and soldiers (helmet liners, laprobes, hats,scarves), and for elementary students who need hats (donate gloves). However, we are running out of yarn and we have used our own stash and yarn that has been donated to us for the past 3 or 4 years. We have just finished 100 hats for needy school children in our area.
If anyone has yarn that they want to see used in such a work of service to others, please mail yarn to Gayle Gilmer, 4042 Lost Creek Rd., Lobelville, TN 37097. We cannot use yarn that has been chewed on by animals, but any other type of yarn would be much appreciated. Thanks.
If anyone would like to see a picture of our work, please go to my facebook page or email gilmergd@gmail.com
Blessings

quilter, do knitting as a volunteer for various charities
Go to Top of Page

Frogers
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Faith
Osage Iowa
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile
westernhorse51 I love what you are doing. Take care of the single women!

Faith
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  12:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Gayle, I have some yarn. It has been a long time.
email me.

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Charity Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page