Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Pic's of bump-out bath converted to laundry room
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Pic's of bump-out bath converted to laundry room Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Farmgirls, I am so blessed! My DH has nearly completed work on what used to be the original add-on/bump-out bathroom. This is the 1st bathroom that was added after the days of the out-house, to the 100 yr old house we own. It had been redone once before we bought the house, but we found termites in it (this is LA afterall) & it grossed me out too much to ever use it after that. So my DH gutted it to the studs & he and a friend did the flooring, walls, ceiling & drywall. I found an old solid wood door 2 or 3 years ago in the trash pile next door, @ the street ready for disposal. Well, I just couldn't stand the thought of a solid wood door, nothing wrong with it but the finish, going to the landfill. I snatched it up and DH wanted to know what I thought I was gonna do with that ugly, dirty old door. I told him I had no idea, but it would surely come in handy "someday" Well, low and behold, someday came! So I talked him into hanging me a pocket door with...yep, you guessed it, that ugly, dirty old door. I haven't even let him refinish it. Gives it character!
Then DH & I purchased cedar tongue & groove, I measured, cut, & leveled every board, helped to devise a way to make the cuts for the dryer vent & cut those boards. It is a rush when DH looks @ me with admiration for those moments of inspiration that bring solutions to difficult situations!
DH ran the water lines a while ago & ran the electrical this weekend. He drill-pressed about 25 holes for the "barn" pegs & I'm supposed to glue those in tomorrow to set-up before I prime them. I primer-coated the base boards yesterday.
I've taken a few pic's...we're makin' progress.
(
Photobucket didn't store my images for all the years since this post, so they're gone.)

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Apr 23 2016 6:10:25 PM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:08:25 PM  Show Profile
How exciting Chandra, a new place to play! and decorate! Good for you, saving the door, lots of people have probably gone in and out of it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  06:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Good job, Farmgirl!

Can't wait to see the finished room...how exciting. I'll bet that room becomes your "favorite" one in the whole house!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  07:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful, Chandra. You're a woman after my own heart, saving that solid wood door. Keep showing photos of your progress!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  09:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Janice & Jo...I tend to remember to take the pictures AFTER-the-fact; been better about remembering lately! Appreciate the vote of confidence. I said in the post I hadn't let my DH strip it & even though it doesn't show it by the looks of it, I did @ least CLEAN it first! :) My kitchen is the fav room; my grandma had a plaque in the kitchen that I've memorized, most folks have seen it before..."No matter where I seat my guests, they always like my kitchen best" (Don't know who wrote it) but you're right, the laundry room is my next fav. It's bright and cozy and smells wonderful with the cedar.
Thanks girls!
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Pic's of bump-out bath converted to laundry room Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page