Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  08:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Well, Steph, I took a second look at your buttons and I guess they are red, my brain just saw pink. Never the less they are beautiful. Must be the season, I'm making nine patch quilt blocks, lots of pinks, though I did cut out some green cloth last night. Need some green here too.

Still frigging cold here, no sun, and the house is feeling particularly cold, I guess i could break down and crank up the thermostat a notch or too, I'm just such a Mainer it is hard to crank it up much past 62 without feeling like I'm a wimp. it is days like these I really miss my woodstove. I still have a great old cookstove out in the barn somewhere...I hope to get some of it uncovered some day, but it would only cause trouble now. Too much stuff in here already...

I'm hoping to get my son out here later today to haul some stuff down the driveway for dump pick up tomorrow. I have tewo huge cans so heavy I can't move them and most of the snow around them is melted.

My daughter just brought me a huge cup of joe. That should help.After i finish it i think I'll play with quilt squares for a while. I made two hundred or so smallish blocks so i've got plenty to work with...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  10:46:30 AM  Show Profile
fun for you karin..i wanna go play in your barn

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile
Jess, I'll get my dress forms up late tonight probably. In regards to John, what gallery??

Karin, I've got two quilt that great aunties made...they have the tiny nine patch, maybe 5"..one day I'll get those photographed too. I've got one to repair..a cat that I had years ago tested his claws on it..thankfully, I got him off with only one square got *torn*...no it couldn't have been a seam come loose! Karin I have a small batch of pink mother of pearl buttons.

An old cookstove!!! I'm leaving now..gotta get in your barn and start digging..we gotta find your green singer too ...LOL Those wood stoves are so cool...I looked at house for sale a long time ago that in addition to the regular stove in the kitchen there was a very old wood stove that was functioning..so very cool...sadly, the kitchen was the only room I liked.

One day I'll try the Lavender trick..I really think it'll work in containers...that way it can go dry.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  11:57:44 AM  Show Profile
karin your not a wimp if you crank up the heat some
i'd say seventy should help your sore achey body hun and what is better then not being so achy.

jess sounds like fun with a gallery. hope you have a great day

i am off to do some more cleaning, yep you shouldnt see much of me for awhile i will be spring cleaning and decluttering.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  3:55:31 PM  Show Profile
There are only 2 things I HATE about living in the desert and those 2 things are scorpions and rattlesnakes! Sure enough after we came home from church I went out on the back porch and there is a rattlesnake! Hubby and I spent about 5-10 minutes chasing the thing out of the corner so hubby could kill it! It took another 10 minutes for my knees to stop shaking! Oh the joy of desert life!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  6:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Lavender love the scent.
Yesterday got house done top to bottom,
Today it was +15 woop ya - lawn is raked and dog feces removed.
I am felling like I am on a roll - glad I got caught up again.
John is an artist well I will be darned. Glad it was a hit.
Karin hope your aches and pains are better.

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  7:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Lavender love the scent.

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Lavender love the scent.

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  7:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Family stuff, kiddo stuff, house stuff, blah blah blah. I hope everybody's winter ick has finally gone away - I know I've gotten sick of the sniffly noses.

I've been bad and haven't been focusing on sewing much at all - it's all about food right now. And apparently, a vole in my garden. Bah. Thinned out my seedlings in the pantry, picked the rest of my over-wintered carrots (probably 5-6lbs?), pulled out a few now-dead plants for tilling. It was just a surprise to actually have a sunny day up near 60*F this weekend after a few inches of snow in April 1st. I just hope one of hubby's days off coincides with a day off sometime soon - he's been working 6-7 days a week. Since December.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  9:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Monica........Good Grief Agent (I mean girl) glad you got that snake out of the house...Once I had to get a snake out of my house too but she was in women's clothing. LOL

The first year we lived in AZ I went into the pantry and saw a potato chip on the floor (I'm very near sighted) and as I reached down to pick it up it moved!! On closer inspection it was a small scorpion!! Can you imagine if I would have picked it up?? I got a mop and stomped it until it was squished...then I felt bad because it was dead...go figure!!! But I got over my guilt REALLY fast when I heard stories about what can happen when getting stung by one of those little buggers!!!!

See you on Wednesday!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  9:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Lanna, did you love the 60 day today, and we get 3 more they say, then back to 50. But dang 50 is so much better than those 30's!!!!!! I am going to soak up every bit of the sun I can. A little pick up in the yard and planting my peas. Yippeee!!!!!
Oh and daffodils are up further, one of these days I will see a few blooms. I am just glad to see their bits of green.

Steph, yes, do try the Lavender trick. I have hot summers and cold winters and very well drained soil. They do excellent here. I have 5 plants of them and would get more but gosh there just isn't enough yard space. I am happy that I have those!!!!! Lavender, roses and honeysuckle drifts in my windows are diffent times of the season. It is great.

Karin, you sew away girl, it cheers you and you need that. Hmmm, you could have an apron of nine patches....hint....lol.

Jess, ok, John has a gallery, do tell all girl!!! And so very glad he had a good turnout!!!!!

Carol and Monica....shhh the secret is safe with us....lmbo.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  9:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Monica and Carol,

There are scorpians in north Alabama and in Tennessee...while in the house in Alabama I had a pair of them and their offspring. I walked into the kitchen late one night and there before me was a family gathering (mom, dad and two young ones. I just froze....by the time I figured out what to do and NOT to do..LOL they disappeared in a tiny crevice between the ceramic tile where it went against the cabinet base....I quickly pushed some aluminum foil in it til I could get some grout the next day. Then about 2 weeks later I found a dead young one in my sun room which was 20 feet away from the kitchen.

One other time just one quite large one came out from under the deep freeze while I was cooking...guess what? It didn't escape since it was in a hurry right towards me! yikes....

So I am always on the look out for them now..so apparently if you live in the desert or the forest you can have them visit.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  9:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I've got some fun stuff posted on my blog. The miniature dress forms I got yesterday are up and also a great recycling idea for old suitcases...for all the pet lovers here.

www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  9:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue ~ Yes, yes I did. Took some wheedling to get the kids in by 3pm to even eat lunch (all I could get them to eat was grapes before they scampered back outside), and then later at 7pm when we had dinner. We call them plants since they will just stay outside for hours upon hours (and not worry about being hungry, thirsty, needing a toilet, anything). I'm hoping to make more of a dent in the yard the next few days. Think more dry thoughts!

Oh, and if you come across anyone that needs to find a loving home for a bunch of canning jars, please do let me know - depending on the amount I may even drive a bit. My list of stuff I want to can/freeze/dehydrate/root cellar is just insane this year.
In part because I've got one branch of the family in particular that I don't know if they'll be able to take out a loan like they usually do for all their seeds and chemicals - if that's happening in my small corner of the world already, yeah. Scary stuff.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  11:00:31 PM  Show Profile
love the button floozy site Steph, too bad it's closed to new collectors..you know I'd be right there too.
Headed a couple hours north tomorrow to go to court with my stepmom. After having custody of her grandson for most of his life, now they want to find out if she's capable of doing it...he'll be 18 in about 6 mo and in his senior year of high school. His mother isn't capable of taking care of herself, so this is a waste of time for everyone. No idea why they're asking after all this time. Good opportunity to visit with her anyway.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  11:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, thanks....yeah, each blog is limited to 100 members..I think Abbie may be setting up another one since there are so many that want to join..I think there were less than 10 members when I joined.

Too bad about the hassle of court at this late date considering the child's age. What could the mom really be thinking?

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  06:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies~

We had a busy weekend here. I transplanted some of my seedlings. I put all of them into the greenhouse. It's the one in MJF mag. I hope they do well out there. So far they looked good. I finished up a bunch of crochet projects this weekend. I finished the bathroom rug and it's already in use. I also started on a crocheted mesh bag. Will try to post some pictures later.

Steph~I love the pics of the dress forms on your blog. The pet beds out of old suitcases are the best.

Carol~what a gorgeous garden.

Lanna~glad to hear from you.

Karin~I hope your knee is better. This weather is not much better here. Sunny yesterday but more rain today.

Jess~wow a gallery!! Do tell!!

Working on school right now. I hope to get some cleaning up done in the front yard before the rain comes. I guess I should get moving.
I hope to have some time to check in later.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  07:31:30 AM  Show Profile
MONICA, A RATTLESNAKE???? I would die!! I wouldn't even be living there anymore...I have such a phobia about snakes, I can't even see them on tv without dreaming about them at night...there are alot of rattlers in the woods around my mom's where I grew up but they never come into town, gotta watch when you are in the woods though. Thank heavens there don't seem to be any scorpions up north here...at least as far as I know...

Karin, An old fashion cooktove in the BARN? How neat! I want to play in the barn too...

I'm planning on painting the spare bedroom tonight after work, getting company for Easter. It hasn't been painted since around 1994, and hubby can't understand why I think it needs painted...I guess he can't see the holes and marks the kids put on the walls with pics and shelves etc...hope I make it, the gkids wore me out this weekend...there is a reason God gives you children when you are young, not in your 50's...
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  07:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Suzan~hope you are able to get that room painted. I think you will need some rest for sure after that.

Monica~I knew I missed something in my last post. I think I would have died if I saw a rattlesnake.

No snakes, scorpions, lizards or insects for me. I can't stand any of it.

I got some raking done. It's really cloudy and getting colder. The rain is just starting.

Karin's barn does sound like quite a treasure hunt.

Would love to go looking and peeking through. It's cold enough that I lit the wood stove and now I have a cup of coffee~so nice.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile
I have not been on much because I have been sewing away. I had a couple of aprons on the website, which I had sold in the past, and found more of the same material. I had put the number of aprons I could make to the inventory and they both sold, so I had to make up the aprons. Was a good weekend. I have been busy ironing aprons in order to send out. Now, it is time to make up more.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  1:24:00 PM  Show Profile
Snakes, my favorite pets. I grew up with hundreds. Love those scaly suckers. Too bad they are so misunderstood.

Gallery...have I not told you all. Part of what has been keeping me away. John decided his new office should be a good blend of what he likes and what I like and give back to the community in some way. So, a nonprofit full scale gallery. Right now we have works from a wood bowl artisan, photographer, painter, a potter, bronze sculptor, an amazing mobile maker, hmm.....who am i forgetting? Anyway, he has a great space for art. Once a month we have gallery walk in town, so we are a part of that, and instead of splitting with the artists, the artist gets 100%. Anyway, it is a great place, wish you were all here to come visit.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  2:31:03 PM  Show Profile
wow that sounds awesome jess

i have posted a couple of times yesterday but for some reason they didnt take.

i am off to do some more cleaning, gonna help out the kids with there room cause i did make a mess when i rearranged there room for the bunk beds. i scrubbed down the front bathroom already too. along with taking kaitren to the er, she crashed on her bike last night and skinned up her knee. she wouldnt walk on it this morning and so i had to get it checked out, not broken thank goodness but it is bruised bad and so she has a brace on incase she pulled ligiaments(spelling).
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Jess~that gallery sounds awesome. Another thing keeping you busy. I'm sure that the artist's are thrilled that you do this.

Teresa~you're a busy lady. I hope Kaitren is feeling better.

I am crocheting a mesh bag. I posted a picture of it on my blog. I have got about half of it done. Crocheting with that Lily Sugar 'n Cream can be addicting. There are so many things you can make. I'm having fun.

Picked up a great book at the library called Uncommon Crochet. I love it!!!! Great ideas that I want to try in that too. My crochet hook is on fire. LOL

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  3:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Here's a link to some pictures from the Uncommon Crochet book.

I love them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skamamadesigns/sets/72157600280607665/

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  3:21:50 PM  Show Profile
fun stuff

-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page