MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection
Join in ... sign up
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Anyone an accountant??

Note: You must be logged in to post.
To log in, click here.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Insert QuoteInsert List Horizontal Rule Insert EmailInsert Hyperlink Insert Image ManuallyUpload Image Embed Video

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DandeeRose Posted - Nov 11 2015 : 05:31:10 AM
I have a tax question . If a person is going to buy land to do a small farm on and they want to take it off on their taxes because I know a portion of that is tax deductible for a business do you need to be a business before you buy the land or does it matter?

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
littlemissfarmerca Posted - Feb 21 2017 : 6:19:59 PM

I recommend you get an EIN tax number here:
I'm an account for companies like and one of the first steps I recommend to clients is to make sure you are filed as an LLC in your state and then make sure you have an EIN number to setup a bank account and use that for your business expenses.

Alee Posted - Dec 21 2015 : 1:16:57 PM
yes, you need to establish the business first or you will end up having to "sell" the land to the business later which means paying sales tax twice! It's easy to set up a business though- get an Tax ID Number (take about 10 minutes by phone) and check your state to see if you need to file a business entity notification, but usually just getting a TIN for the business is enough.

Farmgirl Sister #8

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page